Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Ash Frame Bodies - MMM & T Type - Announcement
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ANDY KING

United Kingdom
306 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  14:09:43  Show Profile
We are pleased to announce that we have recently purchased the MMM and T Type ash frame body business of Enrique Llinares, in its entirety. i.e. all patterns, jigs, machinery and tooling.
This, along with our original pattern work for the majority of the MMM woodwork bodies, will give us nearly 100% of the details of construction of most MMM models.
We are nearly up and running with the equipment installation ( see photo ) and will be interviewing for competent person or persons in the near future to operate the machinery and manufacture.
Once fully operational, we will advertise prices, delivery etc in the traders forum.

Andy

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  14:59:51  Show Profile
Nice one Andy, glad to learn that Rique's legacy has found a good home. He was ever so helpful to me when I bought my J2 body from him 20+ years ago. Still going strong today.

Congrats!

Robin

J2 J3666
Go to Top of Page

NeilS

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  15:24:38  Show Profile
Great news Andy. Just a pity I'm not 5 years on in my wind down plan as it would be my dream job to take me through to / past retirement!

Neil
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  18:01:53  Show Profile
Well done Andy - good move.

TH
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  18:57:43  Show Profile
Nice p type body that wasn't there last week!
Go to Top of Page

graham3647

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  20:04:11  Show Profile
Nice move. Well done Andy and not to forget! ...Angie.
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2159 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  21:28:28  Show Profile
Excellent news. Choice is always good and healthy for the MMM enthusiast

Vintage MG Parts have P type ash frames available, timbers all in stock to build up complete bodies immediately. Available as complete assembled units only. Delivery time 3 to 4 weeks from receiving the order.

J2/F2/L2 bodies currently in development

Richard Hardy

Vintage MG Parts

Edited by - Richard Hardy on 13/02/2017 21:31:47
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  22:09:30  Show Profile
Good news that we enthusiasts will have an ongoing supply of ash frames/parts of ash frames.

George
L2023

Go to Top of Page

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2017 :  17:10:47  Show Profile

Well done Andy & Angie good to see these components in such good hands

Bob M
Go to Top of Page

riquellinares

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2017 :  19:36:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Robin Hamblett

Nice one Andy, glad to learn that Rique's legacy has found a good home. He was ever so helpful to me when I bought my J2 body from him 20+ years ago. Still going strong today.

Congrats!

Robin

J2 J3666

Go to Top of Page

riquellinares

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2017 :  19:54:49  Show Profile
Hello to all MMM Forum readers. I am Enrique Llinares known by you all as Rique. I am so pleased that Andy King has taken over my Ash Frame business in the knowledge that it will continue in good hands. Looking at the photo of his newly set up workshop I can see my machinery, shelf storage unit etc all installed and ready to roll. I hope all you MMM and T-Type restorers will feel confident in buying from Andy, safe in the knowledge that his future production will be carried out on my tried and trusted jigs and equipment. Long may Andy and Angie's business prosper. Feel free to contact me if there is anything you feel I may be able to help you with. Many many thanks to all my past customers, a nicer bunch of people I have yet to meet. I now look forward to a long and enjoyable retirement.
Rique

Rique Linares
Go to Top of Page

Gideon

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2017 :  04:43:06  Show Profile
Congratulations Andy and Angie!

Great news, that simply adds to your expertise and arsenal! You guys have always proven yourselves as second to none.....this is simply the icing on the Triple M cake. Hope to see you soon!

One very satisfied customer!

Gideon
Go to Top of Page

Barry Walker

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2017 :  17:22:09  Show Profile
Whilst it is good that Andy King and Richard Hardy can both offer ash frame bodies now, I don't think we should forget 'Steve Gilbert' who has been supplying the highest quality fully finished MMM bodies (ALL types) for over 30 years and whose bodies grace some of the finest restorations due to the accuracy and 'finish' he achieves.
No I'm not on a commission to say this, but Steve is not a MMM member so cannot reply, but I just wanted to balance the equation as he has provided a constant quality of all bodywork to the MMM world since his apprenticeship at Wakefieds (who remembers them?)

See you all at Stoneleigh.

Cheers, Barry Walker.
Go to Top of Page

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2017 :  21:58:17  Show Profile
Well put Barry.
And all the best to all the suppliers to the MMM fraternity.
Good luck to everybody

Sven
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
660 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2017 :  22:24:29  Show Profile
Andy,

Rique built a number of very fine bodies for CMS Minor specials many years ago. Have you inherited the patterns for these as well - and/or any other Morris Minor bodies?

Also, if you (or anyone else!) would like a stand at Pre-War Prescott in July, just let me know. We're expecting a massive MMM presence again.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6140 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2017 :  23:11:54  Show Profile
There's an interesting article in the lastest issue of the FBHVC Newsletter on recent discussions with DVLA on replacement bodies - see http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/members-pages/newsletter-archive/_file/249/fbhvc-news-no1-ver4-pdf/

Quite scary, really, what might have happened!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000