Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2008 Yearbook. Mark Sellick
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2009 :  05:11:14  Show Profile

On my recent trip to the U.K. I purchased two items one was the 2008 Yearbook and the other being Mike Hawke's "75 Years of the J2 M.G." Both an excellent read.

The article in the Yearbook by Mark Sellick about his father's J2 that he owned in the '60's, prompted me to check if it was listed in Mike's book. I'm presuming you aren't aware Mark, as I'm sure you would have mentioned it, but J 2913 won a Premier award in the 1934 Land's End Trial driven by O.M. Dixon. Mike noted that the car was entered in a number of trials during 1934-35, including The Edinburgh in June, '35. A further interesting notation being this J2 was the first to be fitted with the new pattern conrods with floating gudgeon pins.

Furthermore, In Donald Cowbourne's book on trials in the '30s it states that Dixon gained a bronze in the 35' Edinburgh and that the Autocar magazine has a photo of the J2. I hope that this is of interest to you Mark, and thanks for the article and sharing the photos.

Brian.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000