Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG90
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mmmstefaan

Belgium
4 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  06:57:44  Show Profile
Hi Dick,
I will bring my Jarvis bodied F type to MG 90.
It's first trip to England in 30 years.
Regards,
Stefaan

mmmstefaan
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  09:13:37  Show Profile
Thanks Stefaan,

That's great news!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

FrankAshleymgm

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  10:28:34  Show Profile
I will be there with the M-type, and sprinting on Sunday

Frank

Frank Ashley
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  11:12:16  Show Profile
I will be there with J2 and sprinting on Sunday.
Philipp
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  17:17:00  Show Profile
I have the pleasure to bring the double 12 for the line up!

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2014 :  11:56:11  Show Profile
Dick

Where is the Triple-M register parking?

I have been looking at the site plan and see that the grass area, on the right as you go in, opposite the MGCC marquee, is allocated to register parking. Is that where we will be?

Thanks, Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2014 :  12:22:03  Show Profile
Hello Peter

Here's the layout plan:

The narrow blue strip is dedicated to the MG90 time line.

Next to that is a pedestrian area and the the right of that you will find the Register parking - on the tarmac area.

In fact whilst preparing this note a more detailed layout has just arrived, so I will include it as well.

We should have 23 Triple-M slots in the time line and in addition a Register parking area sufficient for 40-50 cars.

The weather forecast for the weekend looks very promising so it's to be hoped that all these areas will be accessible - i.e. a 'wet weather parking regime' will not operate!

Under the main pavilion veranda there will be a 25th anniversary display commemorating one of the three Triple-M record breaking attempt events. K3011 and J2396 will be displayed.

Despite a glitch (this very morning )it is hoped to have a rare and partly-completed salonette on display within the main club pavilion.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2014 :  13:05:26  Show Profile
Dick

Many thanks.

I see that the weather forecast for Saturday is dry with very little if any rain on Friday so hopefully parking arrangements will be as planned.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2014 :  13:22:53  Show Profile
A further update from the MGCC has arrived today, which people may find helpful:

"We have tried to follow the time line concept for the event in also parking the registers in production order.

"The Time Line cars will be parked backing on to the trade areas with a pedestrian walkway in front of them.
A roadway will be created down copse runway giving access to the individual register parking areas. It is our intention to only have barriers and signs down this roadway to facilitate a more photogenic time line.
The front (facing the Time Line) of the Register parking areas will be marked on the runway therefore would you please advise those members controlling your parking areas to line you cars up to the markings.

"The MGF and TF's are parking on the grass by the Wellington straight and the Zed's and 6.3.5 on the grass by the Medical Centre.

"In the unlikely event that Silverstone circuits instruct us that we have to use the wet layout and not park on grass then the Zed's, 6.3.5, and F's will use the Medical Centre car park and then other hard standing areas.

"The Registers using some of the grass adjacent to Copse Runway will use the Overspill hard standing areas once their designated runway space is full. We do not anticipate a wholesale change to the parking areas should it be declared wet (lesson learned from last year) however if register space is not full it will be used by adjacent registers."

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2014 :  11:01:41  Show Profile
Well, Silverstone is over for another year and what a fantastic turnout we had. Thanks are due to everyone who supported the event in so many ways:

- Brought their cars along,
- Displayed their cars in the 90-car time line (we had 23 'slots' out of 90, including some very interesting cars),
- Exhibited in the record-breakers display (K3011 and J2396),
- Provided a focal point in the main pavilion (Chris Blood's 'work in progress' very rare D Salonette,
- Supported the Register stand by buying our Library wares and staffing the stand in the sauna-like conditions,
- The California Cup and the Sprint,
- Taking part in the Pride of Ownership competition,
- etc etc

Many of those who recalled the disappointment of last year's event were pleased that our comments and suggestions had been heeded: The Register parking area was suitable and sufficient; The Public Address system was effective; the space available in the enlarged Club marquee meant that we had plenty of room for our stall plus a display car and space to sit and relax.

Well done the Club!

OK, and then the racing . . . as we all know there was no Triple-M element in any of the races this year - or last year either. The reasons are well-chronicled but they relate to the selection of the GP circuit and the necessarily large and highly varied grid sizes that this entails. This is likely to remain so for the forseeable future.

We are therefore devoting our energies towards working with the Club to identify a better format for Triple-M racing at other MGCC race events. There are some promising prospects for this:- the Club is supportive of our wishes; the Club's Race Committee has discussions underway with at least one of the preferred circuits identified by Fred Boothby and the racers; a growing number of the racers are keen for this to happen.

So without being complacent, the situation is pretty bright!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

John Haine

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2014 :  19:53:20  Show Profile
Well Done, Dick and your team. I heard nothing but praise for the timeline and the Register parking arrangements, not just from Triple-M people but from others, including my daughter with her MGB. For me it was the best Silverstone event for years. John

Go to Top of Page

Peter Scott

United Kingdom
1240 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2014 :  21:06:19  Show Profile
Dick

Well done. We were at the heart of the show thanks to your efforts plus one or two or three ............. others. Well done to all of you. I enjoyed the main event of the weekend, 'chatting'.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2014 :  12:32:08  Show Profile
I have posted some pictures of Triple-M cars at MG90. Just go to Pictures\events\MG90

To my dismay I failed to capture some of the time line cars, so apologies to:
Kathy Emmer (M), Ted Hack (D), Martin Jacobs (K1), John Rogers (L2), Peter Green (K3015), Peter Prosser (KN0322), Rosemary Bayne-Powell (NA Allingham)

If anyone has any pictures of these or anything else from the show that they would like to see online, just send them to me and I'll do the necessary.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000