Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 PB front spring bottom clamp plate
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  20:16:43  Show Profile
Has anyone got one of these please? It's the offside one I am missing, but i'd be happy with one or a pair in any condition at all. I cannot obtain one and it's not so easy to make, in view of the plate thickness (6.5mm) and small bend radius (10mm) so if anyone can help or tell me where I can get one i'd be most grateful, cheers, jon[http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/images/icon_smile.gif] PB0373

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  21:03:19  Show Profile
Jon,
Although I don't have a spare, it looks as if one of the 1/4 inch holes in yours has been stripped out and possibly drilled oversize. I had exactly the same problem, so I simply welded the hole up, redrilled, and tapped to 1/4" BSF. That may be your easiest solution.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3381 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2016 :  22:35:13  Show Profile
Jon
If fact they are not too difficult to make, there is some cutting with a hacksaw, filing and drilling of holes, tedious but not difficult. The parts are cut from a piece of square section structural steel.
Have a look at "Document downloads - Technical - Suspension - P-type lower shock absorber brackets" for an excellent drawing. I remade mine because the shock absorber hole was not at 90 degrees to the mounting plate in both dimensions.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2016 :  12:03:30  Show Profile
These look the same as T Type and therefore available from the "usual suspects" - Rich
Go to Top of Page

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2016 :  22:32:55  Show Profile
Thank you gents for your assistance. I have downloaded the drawing, which is super. I will investigate the T type part availability, otherwise will make new ones from steel structural hollow section, as suggested. Your replies are much appreciated, cheers, jon
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2016 :  01:06:16  Show Profile
They may be the same as a TA, as that model uses the narrow springs the same as many Triple-M cars. However, the TD and TF use much wider springs. I'm not sure about the TB and TC.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

rossk

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  18:13:29  Show Profile
Jon

I made some of these a few years back. I will need to look in the work shop to check if I any left, might take a few days.

Ross Keeling
Go to Top of Page

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2016 :  23:25:35  Show Profile
Ross - I haven't heard from you - if you have a pair (or just the offside one) I would be very pleased to hear from you - it would save me a few hours with the chain saw!!! cheers, jon
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2016 :  10:17:52  Show Profile
These parts are "off the shelf" at Moss . £71 -Rich.
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2016 :  20:26:14  Show Profile
What a bargain!

I may well have one but need to get Stoneleigh over and done with first.

JOHN JAMES www.ttypes.org

PS J/P etc same as TA/TB/TC
Go to Top of Page

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2016 :  21:01:47  Show Profile
Thank you Ross, Richard and John - the part on the Moss web-site is "NCA", so if Ross or John have one I would still naturally be keen to buy it (need the offside one) but if not, sure, I can make it. Hope to hear from you, cheers, jon
Go to Top of Page

ja.mcnab

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2016 :  09:21:31  Show Profile
Hi Jon

If you have not got the plate yet I have just found a pair in my store.
Go to Top of Page

Jon Pedoe

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2016 :  23:59:31  Show Profile
Hi Allan, thank you for your reply, but I have made a new pair now. Apologies for the late response - I have had a bit of a break from the chassis work, and have not kept up with the forum for a few weeks, thank you anyway, cheers, jon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000