Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Silverstone - Your Register needs you!
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  21:35:33  Show Profile
Hello folks,

The Register will as usual have a presence at Silverstone (AKA MG Live!) on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June. We'll be in the main MGCC marquee with a stall of Register goodies, a display and a tasty car to drool over - not to mention good company and bonhomie!

We are always glad to receive offers of assistance and this year is no exception. So if you are planning on attending, might you be able to offer an hour or two to help us staff the stand? We are particularly light on help for the Sunday ....

Offers would be appreciated - please contact us via this Forum or by e-mail to George Eagle or myself.

Thanks in advance!
Dick Morbey

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2016 :  05:03:38  Show Profile
We have a
Ready volunteered as photographers Dick :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3378 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2016 :  12:51:31  Show Profile
Provided we get on the flight Thursday, I will see you all on Saturday.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2016 :  13:40:26  Show Profile
Hello folks,

Time is ticking away and we are extremely short of volunteers to give an hour or two of their time to help staff the Register stall on Saturday and Sunday. Offers would be greatly appreciated, please .....

Thanks in advance

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  12:41:43  Show Profile
Some pics for you

[/size=

[size=1]

Edited by - DickMorbey on 11/06/2016 07:43:16
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  23:01:08  Show Profile
Huge thanks to everyone who helped out at Silverstone today and also to Colin Murrell who pitched up the evening before to assist George Eagle and me to set things up.

The Register's display achieved a Highly Commended award.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  20:34:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

Huge thanks to everyone who helped out at Silverstone today and also to Colin Murrell who pitched up the evening before to assist George Eagle and me to set things up.

The Register's display achieved a Highly Commended award.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Congratulations

It was a pleasure to help you Dick

Was it me, or were there less MMM cars in the register parking area over the weekend?

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  10:14:37  Show Profile
Thanks Colin

No, it wasn't you - there were definitely fewer Triple-M cars there - but let that not be the start of multiple rants about the absence of a Triple-M race there - we and the Club have done a great deal to fill the vacuum with the now annual race at Brands Hatch - a fixed event in the calendar and which in 2017 is likely to be a real jamboree for our fraternity.

The imminence of the Ulster tour and the Le Touquet European tour might perhaps have been another distractipn for some...

For me perhaps the best thing about being at Silverstone was the opportunity to meet many new and established Triple-M friends and share information and anecdotes. As Club President John Day said at Saturday night's dinner: 'It's the cars that bring us all together, but it's the people that make it really worth while.' How true!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 06/06/2016 10:15:01
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  11:14:46  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks Colin

No, it wasn't you - there were definitely fewer Triple-M cars there - but let that not be the start of multiple rants about the absence of a Triple-M race there - we and the Club have done a great deal to fill the vacuum with the now annual race at Brands Hatch - a fixed event in the calendar and which in 2017 is likely to be a real jamboree for our fraternity.

The imminence of the Ulster tour and the Le Touquet European tour might perhaps have been another distractipn for some...

For me perhaps the best thing about being at Silverstone was the opportunity to meet many new and established Triple-M friends and share information and anecdotes. As Club President John Day said at Saturday night's dinner: 'It's the cars that bring us all together, but it's the people that make it really worth while.' How true!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

very true Dick. I spent a lot of time with good friends from Luxembourg, Switzerland and Germany over the weekend (several of them also MMM people)

I do think the wrong circuit layout is used though, as the laps are too long and all cars doing long lap times, especially early in the races for long periods there was nothing other than empty tarmac to watch until the cars got more spread out, unlike the VSCC racing earlier this year which uses the shorter track layout. I noticed this much more this year than previous years.

D0285
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6144 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  13:44:35  Show Profile
quote:

Not for all, of course

And shouldn't that be 'eminence'

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  23:15:23  Show Profile
There were certainly fewer Triple-M cars in evidence, and some familiar folk were not present but we did get a lot of visitors to our stand, as noted many from overseas including from the USA our Web Master Nick Feakes, Tom Metcalf and David Harrison lucky owner of L2068 the ex Watkinson car of the winning team in the '33 Alpine trial.

Quite a few owners were at Silverstone en route to the Northern Ireland event, these included Colin Butchers (PA), Walter Kallenberg ( K tourer) and his wife, and from Australia George & Marguerette Morgan (C type) and John Gillett and his wife plus K3030 (one of 4 K3s entered). Wow!

We also spoke to several previous owners seeking information on cars owned many years ago, one had some lovely pictures of his old PB which Dick copied for our records and the current owner.

As Dick has noted our stand achieved an award, but he was far too modest in not mentioning the fact he organised the lovely banner depicting heritage

Thanks are also due to those Committee members, plus Paul White and friend Megan, who helped to man the stand.

George
Hon Sec

Edited by - George Eagle on 06/06/2016 23:23:27
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  00:57:36  Show Profile
Colin you say that you think the wrong circuit layout is used for the racing but that depends on who the racing is put on for, the benefit of the racers or the spectators - I suspect the racers. I agree that from the spectators point of view the shorter circuit would be better but the racers (with the exception of the Triple-M racers) prefer racing on the GP circuit. Also the GP circuit can accommodate much larger grids, one race this year had 58 starters.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  00:33:44  Show Profile
It was nice seeing all you Triple-M folks and the volunteers get a hardy thanks! Sadly, the overall event seems to have lost it's luster, but it's still great to see the people who made it there.

The stand looked superb - great poster, George's L2 looked right at home, and the venerable Dick Morbey looked as though he stepped right out of the Triple-M era....

Well done and thanks to all.

tommm with the sun setting soon over the back yard into Sandusky Bay
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  07:23:37  Show Profile
Thanks Tom. It was good to see you and the many other loyal devotees too.

Venerable? Hang on there - my car pre-dates me by 12 years

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  14:27:19  Show Profile
Hey Dick! Obviously I was referring to your excellent sense of vintage clothier style! Ha, I was born 20 years after my J2 was born.

We're supposed to be crazy about the cars that were popular in our high school days but how much cooler are Triple-M cars than GTO's, 442's, and Chargers??

Enjoy your weekend everbody!

Tommm on the warm and sunny Lake Erie beach.....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000