Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 for sale on EBay US
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris Nowlan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2016 :  13:47:24  Show Profile
Hi guys,

After 22 years of happy ownership of a truly exceptional ’33 MG J2, it’s come time to find a new home and a new chapter in the life of this rare survivor.

I’ve just listed my J2 on EBay under listing #222130875270 It’s now up on the American EBay but has yet to show up on EBay UK and presumably other EBay sites. This is my first EBay listing and perhaps I didn't push all the right buttons?

It’s a 10 day Auction that will conclude on June 6th. My brother Jack, recently took this series of photos and they certainly make the car look outstanding. Of course we all know that photos, even good ones can be a bit deceiving and the modest “patina” does not begin to show up. I have only used it sparingly for the past 10-15 years as I didn’t want to get it to the point where a major engine rebuild would be necessary.

A larger selection of photos are available on a photo sharing site…https://flic.kr/s/aHskwsDZT3 I’d love to see the car go to a real purist who’s interested in preserving it but realize it’s likely to quickly wind up as a first class Concours winner on the show circuit.

I am planning on bringing the J2 to the Spring GoF, Groton Connecticut and will be their June 3-5.

I’ve still got the L2 and a few other MG’s to enjoy but the J2 will be missed. Please pass the word !

I'm more than willing to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan
Amherst,NH

Chris Nowlan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  22:41:29  Show Profile
Hi again guys,
After 4 days into a 10 day auction for my pretty special swept wing J2, realized I had listed it for sale only in the US which was certainly not my intent. With the help of the friendly folks at EBay, they helped me tweak my listing, fix a few problems making it easier to find. It's only on the US site which I guess is the only way it can be done. So it's a whole new listing but should be easy to find.
I've added some early docs, & correspondence which the serious folks should find of interest. Check out the revised photo sharing site at....https://www.flickr.com/photos/140851534@N05/albums/72157665893103484
Hopefully this works.
I can be contacted directly via nowlanc@comcast.net and happy to answer any questions. This car deserves to go to an enthusiast who is interested in preserving the car.

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan

Go to Top of Page

Chris Nowlan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  16:11:14  Show Profile
Hi Again,

I'm trying to respond to lots of e-mails. A week ago today, I had a pleasant chat with the son of the second owner. He was about 18yrs old when he collected the car with his Dad in 1965. He say's he has quite recently come across old photos and promises to send them via email attachments. In the meantime, I'll try to attach poor quality scans of the only circa 65-68 photos I have.
Note in the photo of Albert Benchaya, that the car is still fitted with original tread triple stud tires. These were superseded to the later tread as fitted to later P-types in '35 so these tires must predate the '36 layup of the J2. While the photo quality is poor, it's still apparent that the paint was shinny at this time.

Cheers,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Chris Nowlan

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  16:16:40  Show Profile
Lets see if this works???

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly