Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Oil pressure gauge
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim Green

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  16:07:13  Show Profile
Hi all,
I have an old oil pressure gauge which I would like to fit but have run up against a little problem. The team at Speedograph have told me that they are unable to provide a fitting for the cone shaped threaded connection at the rear of the gauge. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of such a fitting and how can I go about fitting it to a copper pipe please? Must have been done before but am at a loss to work out what i need to do to get it connected at the gauge end of things.
Many thanks,

Tim Green

bob

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  18:36:44  Show Profile
Immediate thought is could you connect using hydraulic brake pipe such as used on say mgb and connects to the flexible hoses that are anchored at the chassis and go to the calipers?
Go to Top of Page

Tim Green

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  19:03:09  Show Profile
Bob, I did think it looked a bit like a flared brake pipe job, looks like a bit more homework to do on the subject still
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  19:04:44  Show Profile
Check out Bundy flaring brake pipes on Google and make a pipe the correct length for your car.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
833 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  21:36:59  Show Profile
Not sure on the thread but ALVIS and LAGONDA used these fittings on there oil gauges don't know why!
Go to Top of Page

BobH

United Kingdom
250 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2016 :  21:52:23  Show Profile
Tim, I have sent you an e-mail.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page