Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Bench Seat Rake Adjusting brackets
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  11:39:24  Show Profile
Can anyone help with a pair of seat rake brackets and wing bolts, the one's that are fitted to the rear inner wheel arches. I have the fittings that go on the back of the back rest part but not the other brackets. Maybe removed from a car that now has bucket seats.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081

jeffsprig

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  22:05:31  Show Profile
Is it the same as a N type, if it is I have only one.

J Sprigmore
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  22:41:31  Show Profile
I believe the brackets are common to both P and Ns,.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  22:58:27  Show Profile
It is not difficult to make these out of brass stock. Here's the ones I made for my PA,

Just replace the ugly pivot screws with proper brass or copper rivets.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2016 :  23:52:48  Show Profile
Hi Guy's.
I have a pair of these already thanks. The parts I am looking for are the fittings that are attached to the inner wheel arch and have a wing nut and probably a cone spacer that clamps the adjusters in position. I found a picture of one on Google.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  01:54:02  Show Profile
Hmmm... can anyone else confirm the shape Fred posted is correct for a P type? If so I may need to remake mine, as mine are just a rectangular flat plate with a BSF stud in the middle and a wing nut silver soldered together from a few brass pieces.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  02:34:44  Show Profile
Gents

This photo from the barnfind PA shows it pretty well as Lew describes. Metal plate with a threaded rod mounted on a block and a 'Mickey Mouse' ears wing nut. The wing nut has the v spacer in situ, this than locks in to the slots along the adjuster slide.

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  08:10:14  Show Profile
Fred, what you need is a simple rectangular steel plate with two countersunk holes for fixing through a same-sized plywood pad (covered in rexine or similar) that is secured to the inboard side of the inner wheel arch.

The steel plate needs a 5/16" BSF stud which projects towards the interior of the car as per Lew's picture. That in turn carries a V-spacer (available from S&V) and then the rabbit eared wing nut.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 07/06/2016 08:50:10
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3108 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  09:14:39  Show Profile
Apologies for momentarily going completely off topic but I notice the 'barn find' PA jack secured by a steel band. Is that a Harvey Frost screw jack? Were these standard issue?

Sam
Go to Top of Page

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  09:40:32  Show Profile
Sam
The jack holder is believed to be an original fitting.
From the earlier thread on tool kits, the tool kit from this barn find PA was identified to be a later fitment circa 1950s TD, and suspect the jack was fitted about the same time, before the car was put in to storage.
Do you know when the Harvey Frost screw jack was made?, this could help clarify the background.
The fittings for the seat adjuster however, appear completely original.
DOnald
PB0759
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3108 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  10:12:51  Show Profile
Thanks DOnald. I think the steel band is established as a feature but the jack puzzles me. I do not know when the Harvey Frost jack appeared. The seat adjusters certainly appear to be original.

Sam

Edited by - sam christie on 07/06/2016 10:13:24
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  11:44:18  Show Profile
Thanks to all who replied to my post, specially to Lew Dick Jeff and Donald. I am thinking the one in my picture is a modified TD side screen plate as in the Moss catalogue. I must admit it looks much better than the square plate that's fitted to the original barn find PA.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  18:03:43  Show Profile
Fred, I agree with others as to the P's arrangement and Lew, you don't need to go back to the workshop! What you have shown Fred is definitely T Type although whether as specific as TD I wouldn't know.

As far as the V or cone spacer is concerned, the one original which came with my car has the base of the wingnut formed to perform that function. It is not actually conical, rather spherical but is actually part of the wingnut, not a separate piece.

Cheers,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  19:09:23  Show Profile
Thanks for your comment Dave.
I will be making the brackets as per Lew's ones but probably with different nuts (T Type wing nuts). Personally though I still think the original set up looks cheep and nasty specially with a block of wood underneath. looks to me like it was done as cheep as possible.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  19:21:15  Show Profile
Fred, Be aware that the block of wood is actually covered in piece of the same interior vinyl. When in place, it seems to blend in and is barely noticeable. But it is necessary to position the stud sufficiently toward the center of the car so as to not put too much side pressure on the adjuster.
And, I agree with Dave on the fact that the bottom of the wing nut is conical in shape and not a separate spacer.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

mgptype

United Kingdom
709 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  19:38:05  Show Profile
Hi Lew,
I agree that the wood block is necessary for the correct alignment of the adjuster but to me it looks a bit tacky. The one in the picture I found and posted looks so much nicer. I guess I will make the plates like the original but with the nice T Type nuts would be the best of both worlds plus I can machine a radius on the bottom of the nuts without having a separate cone spacer.

Fred.
EX PA 0788
PA 2081
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000