Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Transitional spec changes on late model PBs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  00:04:36  Show Profile
I was interested in the topic about P type seat adjusters.
Although the seat adjuster mount was found to have not changed during the P Type run, until the improved version on the TA.
There appear to have been several minor changes to the PB towards the end of the run. Interested in information or details off other last of run PBs to confirm.
Two possible changes noted. My car PB0759 was produced on the second to last day of PB production, and is an all matching numbers car.
MG crested knock ons, same as the TA?. See photo.
CJR3 fusebox. Mine has a CJR2, a replacement due to an electrical fire in 1962 with previous owner.
CJR3 cutout/fusebox reference found in MMM USA website electrical data table. If so then the TA type low/high charge rate ignition light switch would have been used.
Any others?
My car had its fair share of bumps and bruises, but no reason to have lost its original knock-ons. In the attached photo, shows my car in a belly roll during the 1949 South Brighton Christchurch NZ beach race. As the Press newspaper described, "Wild suffered a broken rib and fractured wrist, but he continued the race and finished sixth".

Donald McLeod
PB0759

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  02:38:37  Show Profile
Like so many other changes during production, the cutout was likely no different. Mine was the next to the last PB Airline Coupe produced. It had been untouched from about the mid-1960s until I brought it home in June of 2000. It very clearly had a CJR3 cutout along with some very original wiring, and even a plastic tag screwed to the firewall under the fuse side showing the layout of the wiring.
I have given in to all the grief I got from the OP, so it has now been changed for an electronic regulator hiding under a CJR2 housing.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000