Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Exhaust manifold For. 6 cylinder
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JamesMiers

United Kingdom
59 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2016 :  09:02:51  Show Profile
Dear All,
The lug on my exhaust manifold has broken off ! Many years ago it appears to have been brazed on as a repair. It's now beyond redemption. Would anyone have a spare manifold? (It's off a 6 cylinder 'L' type).
Thank you for looking. All the best James

JM

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2016 :  09:46:39  Show Profile
That manifold does look rather sad. I think you will find the two manifolds differ slightly - is the broken one the front or rear manifold?

I had a similar problem on my NB and as I was unable to find a decent original manifold I had stainless steels ones made. I have since used Exhausts by Design whose details are in the suppliers information page of this web site.

As sub-Registrar for the F/L/N types I have sent you an email via the Forum.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

tholden

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2016 :  10:47:45  Show Profile
Jamie can get it repaired for you if you cannot find another. Hope she is still in tune !!
Give me a buzz if need be
Terry

TH
Go to Top of Page

PaulusPotter

Netherlands
202 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2016 :  08:52:04  Show Profile
Hello James,

Allthough I rather keep the exhausts as spare since I use a manifold from Barry Foster I will part with one or both in case you cannot find one.
Since I am not very well I might not be able to take it to Beaulieu or so, but might find someone else to take it there.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

mjb

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2016 :  11:16:10  Show Profile
Hello James,
I had a similar problem with the manifolds for L2063 which were both broken each with a lug broken off. I had them repaired by Slinden Services at Measham Derbyshire. Tel 01530 274646 and speak to David Russell. Rather than weld the broken lugs back in place they welded on new flanges to match the original pattern. They did a very good job which cost around £300.00 +VAT per manifold, which was not cheap! but otherwise my manifolds were in very good original condition.
Give them a call if you have no luck finding replacements.

mike bradbury
Go to Top of Page

correlejco

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2016 :  09:37:19  Show Profile
James - if you haven't already found a solution to your problem, I would recommend contacting Blakers of Billingshurst (01403 783634 or www.blaker.co.uk).

They recently repaired my rear main bearing housing which had 3 cast iron lugs broken. They did an excellent job and the cost was reasonable (took a while though). They machined the repair neatly and it's as good as new.

Blakers are well known for axle straightening but they do a lot of cast iron work for agricultural equipment, steam traction engines etc.

I have no connection with Blakers other than as a satisfied customer.

John - 1934 NA0492 - AOE877
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2016 :  10:45:54  Show Profile
James, although I haven't used them for many years, I also have had a good experience in the past with Blakers.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000