Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG PB Owner - First Post
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sam1968

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2016 :  23:54:56  Show Profile
Hello, new to the Forum, so no doubt the first of many 'newbie' type questions/posts. I am in the final throes of reassembling my deceased Father in Laws PB. We brought it over from the US (where it had been for the last 40+ years) about 2 1/2 years ago. I took it to pieces to enable some much needed bodywork restoration and a respray to be done - but, am only now getting it back together. Struggling with some wiring/electrical issues, and some missing interior trim etc. Hopefully, will have the bonnet and doors back on in time for the end of Summer...

I should at this point confess that I am more an accidental PB owner than a life long devotee - and thus will look/sound like a complete hayseed.

The car came across the pond with a lot of spares. As yet I have not had a chance to unwrap or identify/classify them. I will do this in due course, with a view to uncluttering and moving them on (I do believe these parts should be working for a living on a functioning car, and not hoarded away). I am in South Oxfordshire (ironically close to Abingdon) and, should any MMM owning individual be passing close by I am quite happy to let you have a rummage to see if there is anything that may be of use - as long as you don't mind being mined for information! If interested then send me an email.

Cheers

Sam

Brakesoff

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2016 :  01:11:13  Show Profile
Hi Sam,

Welcome to the world of MMM. As a recent joiner myself I feel confident that you will be welcomed warmly by all here. Lots of P types around and even more experience and knowledge.

Any chance of pic of the car?

Best regards,
Nick.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Sam1968

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2016 :  08:31:40  Show Profile
Yep, I'll upload some pics shortly of the car when it was complete, and where it is now.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2016 :  09:14:51  Show Profile
Hello Stephen, and we wish you a very warm welcome to the Forum and to the world of Triple-M ownership.

If memory serves, we met at Silverstone earlier this year and the car is PB0683? There are already several pictures of the car on the website and I took others when I inspected thew car quite a while ago.

The Triple-M Register is here to help you. We are a section of the MG Car Club and I would encourage you to join the Club. Details are at http://www.mgcc.co.uk/joinrenew/join-now/

There are several other Triple-M owners in your neck of the woods and the Abingdon Works Centre of the MGCC is especially active with meets and events - see http://www.mgabingdon.co.uk/

And above all, please use this Forum to seek information - there are no 'silly questions' and hopefully the answers won't be silly either

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Sam1968

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2016 :  12:33:55  Show Profile
Dick,

'Yes' that's me - guilty as charged. Will aim to upload some less tragic pics shortly.

Regards

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2016 :  12:52:34  Show Profile
Sam
Welcome to the world of Triple M and to the website. You will find an enormous wealth of information in the archives and I believe there is someone out there who knows the answer to almost any question you may have that has not already been covered in the past.
I have sent you a copy of my electrical booklet which may help you in that area.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000