Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Trackers and THEFT
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2542 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2016 :  10:03:12  Show Profile
I have just received this via the Twin Cam Group and thought particularly K3 owners etc may be interested.

TAKEN FROM THE SEBRING SPRITES DOT COM WEBSITE

FROM ROGER FRIEND:
"Interesting piece on Facebook, readers be aware criminals are targeting cars at local Classic car shows, they are placing tracking transmitters under selected Classics, once they have tracked the car to your home or garage they will wait until the opportune moment comes to steal it, they only go for the best, be aware and check under your car".

Mind you, with the £67,000 P Type in the lastest Safety Fast!, perhaps we all should be?

Dave

Just had a look at the car on the website and can't quite understand, other than quoted history, why he thinks it's worth more than 50% more than other dealers ask for Ps.

Edited by - Oz34 on 13/08/2016 10:09:38

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6137 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2016 :  20:54:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

.....they only go for the best.....

You P Type chappies should be safe enough then (Ducks back down behind the sofa!)

Simon J
J3437

Edited by - Simon Johnston on 14/08/2016 20:56:21
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  10:25:37  Show Profile
Come out, you coward, and face the music like a man.

PS, I've checked under my car, and I doubt any magnet would stick, what with all the mud, oil and general clart.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
427 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  11:01:44  Show Profile
You can beat them with their own stick you know - hide a tracker in the car & if they steal the car the Police can use your hidden tracker to find them quick smart !. Got-em !!..

We are here for a good time, not a long time !.
Go to Top of Page

Andrew Fock

Australia
374 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  22:06:38  Show Profile
I've done that for my E type.... used an old i-phone that one of the kids had broken. If you buy a data only sim it's quite cheap. Works best if the phone is capable of running 'find' my fiends' (IOS 8 or later / iPhone 4S or later) then you can put a 'geofence' around the car that alerts you when it leaves a specific location. Just wired it permanently onto the battery so it stays charged.

Andrew

NA 0279
PA 1294
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000