Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  11:12:23  Show Profile
For some reason old topics that I have read are still being shown as NEW TOPIC when I next log on. What am I doing wrong? Rich

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2016 :  12:47:57  Show Profile
Rich
Do you mean the icon is shown pink? This part of the website relies upon cookies being enabled to function. Please check you have not blocked cookies for this site.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2016 :  11:05:00  Show Profile
Nick
Yes, the icons are shown pink. This does not happen every time. Not sure about blocked cookies?? . Rich
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2016 :  13:14:36  Show Profile
All browsers have a place where you can control cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that are saved on your computer when you visit a website. They usually store such things as when you last logged in (date and time), which pages you visited and so on. I am sure you have received messages like "Your session has expired, please log in again", this message is generated by reading the information in the cookie. This website uses cookies to record when you last logged in, your username and password (if you clicked "Save password") and which posts you have opened.

You can refuse to accept any cookies at all (this can be a pain as you have to log in every time you log in to every site you visit). You can also set how long you keep the cookies, forever, until they expire (not all cookies expire!) or until you close your browser (there may be other options as well).

As all browsers are different in precisely where the cookie settings are hidden (in Firefox it is under "Tools - Options - Privacy") I suggest you try "Help" in your browser or simply google it for instructions. If you get stuck, email me directly and I will try and help.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

davies

United Kingdom
699 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2016 :  10:43:23  Show Profile
many thanks for the info.I will give it a go -Rich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly