Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Engine overhaul
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterN

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2016 :  21:31:44  Show Profile
There doesn't appear to be a category covering this in supplier listings so I wonder if members can comment based on their experiences as I'm about to launch into it. Positive ones on the Forum. Negative ones privately please.

Peter
1930 M type MG 748
2M/1506

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  12:33:03  Show Profile
Peter
Check the "Suppliers" forum for listings of suppliers that have been recommended by forum members. Of course, just because a supplier is not on the list doesn't mean they do not provide good service / good products, only that I have not been asked to add their name to that forum.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  13:42:37  Show Profile
Oliver Richardson, based near Newbury, has been a great help in setting up a new supercharger installation for me, and I know he will tackle anything up to a full rebuild. His number is 07810880818.

Regards,
Graham

Edited by - MaGic_GV on 10/11/2016 13:45:56
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6125 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  16:13:46  Show Profile
Peter,

I can only endorse what Graham has said about Oliver Richardson although you may have wait some time to get a slot in his schedule. I will write to you separately about my less satisfactory experiences with another well known business.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

PeterN

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2016 :  20:22:36  Show Profile
Thanks for the comments. My point is Nick, that in the suppliers' forum there is nothing about engine services other than parts. I was wondering if I was missing something?? Not a complaint you understand, just a query.

Peter
1930 M type MG 748
2M/1506
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  13:18:52  Show Profile
Peter
I depend solely on recommendations sent to me by members. I personally had excellent engine and chassis work done by Tom Dark and can recommend him without hesitation. But I decided I would not be the source of recommendations on the "suppliers" forum but always let these come from the membership. I do not lift recommendations from posts on the forums for inclusion in the list.

If you (or any member) has received good service from any supplier (including those from outside the UK), drop me an email and I will add them to the list. In the same way, please use the list as a resource and support those who enable us to restore and maintain our cars.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  19:07:15  Show Profile
Peter

Not sure if email is working.

Just checking you got mine of this afternoon?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000