Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Shelley Jack Handle
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LewPalmer

USA
3255 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2016 :  02:14:57  Show Profile
I recently paid WAY too much for a Shelley A6 jack, and now have it restored. But it didn't come with a handle. I have the wooden part, newly made.
Does anyone have the folding metal handle for sale? This is the one with a hook at one end and the forged ring at the other.
Please help me add one more bit of authenticity to PA1169.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560

greg

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2016 :  17:08:05  Show Profile
theres one on eBay complete with handle grab yourself a bargain item number 132003382254 then resell yours! I think I seen the one you brought its a bit rusty but just clean it off then paint it black and it will be as good as new!
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3255 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2016 :  22:55:40  Show Profile
Thanks, Greg. I spotted the latest one on ebay. Interesting that a second one showed up only a few days after I bought the rusty one. I had been looking for one for several years, thus my willingness to out bid everyone. It is cleaned up, painted, and looking quite smart.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2016 :  23:07:50  Show Profile
Nice really smart well done.
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2016 :  23:10:11  Show Profile
What other cars do these fit? They are a very rare jack! Someone said they fit lanchesters aswell
Go to Top of Page

DDMDSN

New Zealand
329 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2016 :  23:43:32  Show Profile
Not sure on other cars, from my research for my toolkit paper currently being written, the right angle version Shelley A6 was mainly used on the TA and TB making it quite rare although probably not MMM except late model PBs/NBs and possibly some 4 seaters. The reference PB toolkit for my paper, had a rt angle A6. This was from a 4 seater PB (with a toolbox). As the ad mentions, the design was for the A6 rt angle jack to fit in to the holder in the toolbox, whereas on the P/N 2 seater fitted in a bar strap holder on the floor behind the driver's seat. The in-line version A6 was used on the late engine model MMMs L, K, P and N. I have not seen any handle of this type with the hex locking nut on the handle the advertised one has, most have a centre knurled tube locking nut. Js, and Fs used a different type of jack and handle, the handle again hook type but with a steel bar handle. My jack, an in line 6"DL hook type, looks like the MMM A6 and same handle. I believe these came out immediately post war for the first TCs, when design still largely of pre-war origin. Hence again, likely quite rare.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000