Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Window seal
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berndt

Sweden
21 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  11:47:50  Show Profile

In our small groupe, called the "L CC groupe", which means "L Continental Coupe" we have certain problems. At the momemt we are trying to find a proper seal in rubber for the front window. The window can be opened. We think/hope that there are some of you Triple-M owner who has the same type of window and seal on for instance F Magna, K Saloon, Airline etc . Perhaps you have the same problem of finding the proper seal.
We have got an offer from "Seals Direct" for a seal found on one of our cars (see attached photo!). The offer is as follows

Windscreen seal to sketch
In the event of an order we would require a sample or drawing to manufacture to.
Material 70°sh EPDM
Price £4.32 per metre for 100 metre lots
£2.02 per metre for 500 metre lots
Part cost tooling £195.00
Delivery ex works approx 4 weeks
Carriage charged at cost
The above prices are exclusive of VAT.

At the moment we are five persons who might be interested.
My question is if there are somebody else who are interested in the seal and want to join us in ordering 100 meters together?
Berndt
L0713

Oz34

United Kingdom
2584 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  13:01:12  Show Profile
Hi Berndt,

Having a P Type I have no use for this seal, but it occurs to me that the Y Type I think has an opening windscreen and also possibly some of the SVW cars. There may well be other makes, such as Riley which used a similar seal which was probably fairly standard. It may therefore be worth contacting relevant clubs & groups.

Best of luck,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  13:23:38  Show Profile
Chris and Chris (Blood and Wallis)

Are you there? What did you do when you built your salonettes?

Can you help the LCC people and have you advice for me as I shall need this for my salonette?

Cheers

P
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1581 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  14:46:28  Show Profile
Berndt,
Have you tried Seals Direct? They have a very comprehensive list of seals - http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping.asp?intDepartmentId=68

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page

ja.mcnab

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  17:20:29  Show Profile
Also try COH Baines Ltd Tel 01892 543311 - they have a catalogue of rubber sections of over 100 pages.
Go to Top of Page

roger

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  19:50:41  Show Profile
Baines is the place, they have a comprehensive catalogue and the cross section images are all to scale.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3259 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2017 :  21:45:45  Show Profile
This is virtually identical to what I used on my Airline Coupe:
https://www.coh-baines.co.uk/products/IRS-0679EP-%252d-EPDM-T%252dsection-with-side-slots-and-wiper.html

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000