Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Your Register needs YOU
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McEvoy

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  20:19:03  Show Profile
Anticipating exceeding my 80 years by the time of the Register's AGM sometime in the coming summer I wish to retire as your Treasurer. The number quoted does not I hope make me any less able to add 2+2 or make the odd percentage calculation.
However it does make me realise that completion of what is to me a very interesting Triple-M project that has already been too long in manufacture for all sorts of reasons and probably requiring a further 2 to 3 years to reach the ultimate goal does now need 100% attention. Not least for the very good reason it would be nice to see the many thousands of pounds spent achieve the end result.

During the 9 or so years that I have been Treasurer our accounts have twice been audited by the MGCC external auditors with neither good nor bad comment, so must be doing something right.

A new treasurer would not be on their own as it would be essential that we worked together for a period of time to ensure the least possible financial disruption to our sales and events. This period of time I am happy to provide. Should you consider that your calculator, abacus or laptop is not up to the task then there may be assistance available.

There is not any need for you to be a trained accountant, I certainly do not have any formal qualifications in this field and there is always help available from the finance officer based at Kimber House.

Being a member of the Register Committee would give you an insight into the many, varied and interesting issues that have to be addressed and be part of a team that ensures the knowledge, history and the opportunities to enjoy our cars are maintained for many years.

Why not have a chat with either Dick Morbey our Chairman or myself, we don't do persuasion!

Of course the above does not only apply to the Treasurer, many Committee members are of a certain age where it would be nice to be able to see some form of succession plan in place so if you have any interest in helping or joining your Committee please contact a Committee member.

Bob Milton - Treasurer (for now)

P.S. Dick and I will be at Stoneleigh MG Spares Day on Sunday 19th February so please make yourself known to us at our Register Stand.

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  21:39:47  Show Profile
Bob

Just a quiet note of thanks for your and the other committee members work in keeping the show on the road. Hope you find your new team.

best wishes

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000