Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Someones Good Idea
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeilS

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2017 :  08:33:34  Show Profile
As I already had quite a lot of my M apart and am awaiting the engine parts to come back from the machine shop I decided to drop the brake cross shaft and see it I could reduce the 1/4" of play in the D brackets. It became obvious that under the many layers of paint something odd had gone on. Having cleaned it all back I could see that it has had the foot brake lever lengthened to the same length as the handbrake one. I can only assume that someone thought that it was a good idea to increase the mechanical advantage (not to mention travel) at the pedal end rather than to sort out the very over centre levers on the brake assemblies!

Neil

Blue M

United Kingdom
1474 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2017 :  20:00:50  Show Profile
1/4" of play is better than no play! If you get them to what any normal person would think was ok the shaft will lock solid as soon as the chassis gets a little bit of twist.
I wonder if poor bearings actually work towards compensating the braking force and that somehow making the shaft 'float' is the way forward?

Ian

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000