Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 The Rat
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2017 :  18:02:39  Show Profile
I've just come across these pictures, which I believe were taken in Scotland, perhaps during a trial. No doubt Foz will be interested, unless he already has them.

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591

Edited by - Colin McLachlan on 27/02/2017 18:03:26

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2017 :  20:13:36  Show Profile
Hi Colin

Those are well known pictures - I am sure Foz will be aware.

I saw Foz at Stoneleigh - the Rat is coming back together and will again be seen on the track. Bravo!

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2017 :  14:28:15  Show Profile
Hi George, I got these from Ashley Strachan, who also sold me a heap of old Yearbooks. I've just reached 1990, and realise that these photos must be well known, as I see one on the cover (thanks to Cat for pointing it out)!

Good to hear that the Rat will be back soon. I've just renewed the main bearings on my PA, and hope to be back in action at Doune Hillclimb and the Manx Classic in April. Great fun!

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3376 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  12:45:14  Show Profile
Given that these pictures are not really unknown, I have moved this thread simply to keep the "Seeking information ...." forum for that purpose.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2017 :  13:05:29  Show Profile
Sorry Nick, I didn't realise they were well-known when I posted them. Does anyone know the location?

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2017 :  11:08:42  Show Profile
Colin M. Fordhill Watersplash, Scottish Rally June 1933.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
769 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2017 :  13:31:38  Show Profile
Hi Colin,
They are excellent photos which I got several years after I acquired the Rat remains. I have several others trailing "up North with the car often in compromising situations... something the little beastie seems to like to do !
It is good that you posted them, and that others do the same, it then makes certain nothing gets missed or lost to us regarding the history of MGs.
Comparing the frontal shot of the car today I still have the original number plate (alloy pressing with several weld repairs) but not those tyres !
Most mechanical work done and Dave Cooksey has repaired the ash frame (again !), all the small panels are repaired.... the bonnet took a bad hit with the filler cap going back through the bonnet taking out all the louvres.....body and panels soon to be reunited on the rolling chassis... and then off for painting..
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2017 :  17:23:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Foz

Hi Colin,
They are excellent photos which I got several years after I acquired the Rat remains. I have several others trailing "up North with the car often in compromising situations... something the little beastie seems to like to do !
It is good that you posted them, and that others do the same, it then makes certain nothing gets missed or lost to us regarding the history of MGs.
Comparing the frontal shot of the car today I still have the original number plate (alloy pressing with several weld repairs) but not those tyres !
Most mechanical work done and Dave Cooksey has repaired the ash frame (again !), all the small panels are repaired.... the bonnet took a bad hit with the filler cap going back through the bonnet taking out all the louvres.....body and panels soon to be reunited on the rolling chassis... and then off for painting..
FOZ

Great progress Barry. See you at Brands

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000