Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2016 Yearbook now available
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  11:22:16  Show Profile

We are delighted to announce that the Register's 2016 Yearbook is now available!

The Yearbook includes a number of articles chronicling significant historic and technical aspects of our cars:
• Our Register President Mike Allison, the well known M.G. historian and author, has written yet another fascinating article, this time about Hubert Noel Charles who was one of the architects of M.G.’s success in the 1930s through his innovative approach to engineering design.
• Sam Christie’s article, Codes and Secrets, on the seemingly unrelated numbers stamped on M.G. engines, gearboxes and axles throws new light on the relationship between M.G. and the rest of the Morris Group, and in particular with Wolseley who provided the engineering capacity and expertise to turn M.G.’s engineering designs into reality.
• Triple-M M.G.s were always popular in Australia, and New Zealanders Denis and Desna Jury have recounted the saga of their L Type which was exported to Australia when new and which has survived the ravages of time, not to mention several rebuilds, to end up in pristine condition in Auckland, New Zealand.
• Keeping our international flavour, Dutch enthusiast, Thijs de Groot, has written a comprehensive article, Straight Forward, on rebuilding the various steering systems found in Triple-M M.G.s
• There is no shortage of books written about M.G.s (not least this Yearbook!) but Ted Hack has seemingly got them all and has provided an illustrated description of them as well as an assessment of their availability – essential reading about essential reading!
• Michael Wylie was an Ulster vintage car enthusiast and historian and his article on Hugh ‘Hammy’ Hamilton, The Wild Man of Ards, tells the compelling story of one of Britain’s unsung motor racing heroes whose dual with Nuvolari, both of them in M.G.s, at the 1933 Ards TT is still considered one of motor racing’s finest races. Hamilton’s death at the wheel of a Maserati in the Swiss Grand Prix in 1934 robbed Britain of a great motor racing talent.
• The late Mike Hawke was the definitive M.G. J2 enthusiast and in reproducing an article he wrote for the MG Car Club magazine, Safety Fast!, more than fifty years ago on Life with a J2, we show just how little things have changed (apart from the prices!).

Triple-M cars are increasingly active in competition of all types and this full-colour, glossy A4 publication also includes an account of their exploits during 2016 throughout Britain, as well as abroad, lavishly illustrated with over 150 colour photographs.

The Triple-M Register 2016 Yearbook is a professionally presented publication, with a limited print edition. Now is the ideal time to add it to your bookshelf.

The Yearbook, edited by Simon Johnston in his debut year is astonishingly good value at only £12 + P&P. You can buy it from The Triple-M Register’s online Library Shop
at www.triple-mshop.org or contact info@triple-mshop.org for details.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3246 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  11:41:22  Show Profile
Well done and thank you Simon.

As Dick has noted, the latest Yearbook carries on a strong tradition and it was produced in good time for sale at Brands Hatch.

George
Hon Secretary
L2023
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  14:04:03  Show Profile
Jolly good it is too, well done Simon!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6202 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  14:57:59  Show Profile
Many thanks for your kind words, chaps, but please don't forget that I'm just the editor. If it wasn't for the contributors, there'd be nothing to edit, or read. And our designer, Ted Koehorst, is the man to thank for how it looks. I must say, I think he did a terrific job.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2055 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  15:26:06  Show Profile
Just ordered my copy,can't wait!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2055 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  15:04:33  Show Profile
Received my copy today, two days after ordering, amazing service!
This Yearbook is superb, highly recommended and a credit to all concerned.
Many thanks!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  16:14:39  Show Profile
Westbury's appreciation is amply endorsed by the VSCC's reviewer, John Staveley.

Here is his review (all rights acknowledged) which is included in the VSCC Summer Bulletin, which landed on my doormat this morning!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  17:53:57  Show Profile
That's a great review of a really good quality publication, one that puts many clubs to shame :)

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
571 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  08:31:40  Show Profile
Unfortunately, John Staveley forgot to mention the excellent article on Hugh Hamilton..... a cracker !.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  08:39:28  Show Profile
Ray, I suppose he was aiming to flag articles that might appeal to a broader readership - not that Hammy would be of no interest to the wider community .....

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000