Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Chassis file details
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Christian Cottes

France
114 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  21:42:16  Show Profile
Let me give an insight on this topic from abroad (France, that is).

I bought my J2 about 15 years ago, and since the very beginning I found very useful, not to mention enjoyable, information from the Triple-M Register, website and forums. Soon after, I became a member of the MGCC. It was just for a while, as the information I received from the Club was far away from my own matters of interest. MG A, B, GT, and even more modern cars like the TF sure are nice, but my 60's favorite is a Triumph.(sorry !). Like my favorite of the 20's is my beloved Amilcar and my favorite of the 30's is my equally beloved J2.

It is not an opinion, just a fact, respectful of other opinions.

Another fact is that these Midget, Magna and Magnette are really outstanding cars and deserve a part of history of their own.

Christian

PS : I am currently gathering facts about Triple-M cars which were exported to France in 1929-1936, any information is welcome.
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3252 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2017 :  22:05:33  Show Profile
As an American member of both the NAMMMR and the MGCC, I recognize that membership in the MGCC affords me access to all the features and benefits of the Triple-M Register. Granted, there is very little benefit to me personally in the services of the insurance plans, the non-Triple-M registers, and 90% of the Safety Fast! magazine content. But just the affiliation with the Triple-M Register, the forum, the vast technical knowledge and resources, the Newsletter, and the great people worldwide, is more than enough to enthusiastically renew my MGCC membership every year since 1983.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

PreWarMG

Australia
440 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 :  22:20:29  Show Profile
The MGCC never learn. Their lack of interest & compassion to older models has seen the formation of new "registers" for T-Types, Y-Types and SVW Models in the last 10-15 years.
It's likely only a matter of time that a new register is formed for MMM cars. MGCC might hold some records, but dissatisfied owners hold the cars.
If the MGCC wish to stick to a long held business model, and not move with the times, they will guarantee their own demise.

We are here for a good time, not a long time !.
Go to Top of Page

Tony Dolton

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  09:15:06  Show Profile
I've read all the contributions with interest but haven't seen much evidence of a solution to the problem.the MGCC head office is run with few staff given the considerable workload.This is the largest one make club in the world.I've had reason to use their services recently in acquiring factory files and handling the registration of a J2 with no documentation.All the staff I found friendly,efficient and enthusiastic.
However, I visited Abingdon personally and processed the work in the office.
I believe the principle purpose of the register is to keep as accurate a record as possible of our cars and this should include maintenance of the factory records.However for legal reasons this must be done through MGCC head office.
I'm aware of vacancies for the MMM committee, it seems there is a lack of enthusiasm within the register to come forward and help.would all the bemoaners please take note!!!
The annual subscription for the MMGCC is trivial, the VSCC is much more.
Perhaps a solution is to charge a MMM register levy ,say an extra 10 or 20 quid a year and use that to pay for a part time enthusiast to work out of the Abingdon office,representing MMM register members, dealing with those issues people are complaining about.if I was younger I'd love to do it.Tony
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000