Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Oil pick up pipe
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2017 :  19:59:17  Show Profile
Does anyone have a oil pick up pipe for the inside of the sump for a M Type. If not is there a drawing or dimensions available. Looking ahead for one's. The block is off to the engine reconditioners
Thanks pat

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2017 :  20:34:12  Show Profile
Pat,

This is not difficult to fabricate using a single piece of annealed copper pipe. Are you planning any other mods, e.g. full flow filtering with a spin-on canister?

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

Pat Widdup

New Zealand
399 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2017 :  01:20:30  Show Profile
Does anyone have a photo of inside the sump. I had a thought that there was a support for the end and a raised knob in the sump casting. The sump I have doesn't have provision for a support. Also does the oil pick up have a slot or holes along its length.
Any information accepted
Cheers pat
Go to Top of Page

g waiting

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2017 :  08:17:23  Show Profile
Hi Pat,
Some have the raised knob, some do not, probably early ones. The pick up pipe is slotted lengthways, but a series of holes works just the same.
Garry
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3114 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2017 :  12:41:53  Show Profile

It is said the earliest M-types had pressed steel sumps. I guess these were the same as the OHC Minor (does anyone know ?). Derrington offered this all steel extra capacity alternative. The eight shilling allowance seems to suggest the Derrington steel M-type sump was made from a standard OHC Minor pattern sump.

This is the earlier form of M-type alloy sump.

This is a later alloy sump with a cast in support to keep the pipe a little higher than the sediment.

And the two alloy sumps side by side.

Are there any other types?

Sam

Edited by - sam christie on 09/07/2017 08:56:00
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000