Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Cam Stand Caps
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan F

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  00:22:32  Show Profile
I am struggling to find a few cam stands and caps. Anyone know of a supplier remaking either (Vintage MG not making them anymore ) ??
Also wondering if all pre war MMM MG's - J, P, L, N and K used the same stands and caps ?? My thought is that P,L,N and k all used the same and J2 was different ??
Lastly, anyone have any to spare ??
Best
Dan

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  01:15:32  Show Profile
Hello Dan.
Yes, the K, L, N and P types have the same pattern camstands, the J types were different( smaller diameter camshaft).

Sorry I can't help but I am fairly sure that Sports and Vintage (Mike and Jamie Dowley) supply them.

Hope that helps,

Chris.
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1940 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  08:02:30  Show Profile
I bought a new stand & cap from S & V last year.
Go to Top of Page

Andy Rogers

United Kingdom
302 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  11:33:37  Show Profile
I'll be very interested in knowing if S & V sell the caps on their own as I need a couple myself, but I fear they only come as a unit.

Richard Hardy did get some caps made a while back but they're out of stock and he wasn't sure he was going to get any more done.

If there is a demand - and I think there is - then maybe Richard will consider making up another batch.

Over to you Richard !

Andy Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  12:37:11  Show Profile
Hello Andy.

I'm pretty sure S&V do NOT sell the camshaft caps separately so it looks as though Richard Hardy is the best hope.Like the main bearing cheeses there seems to be quite a demand for these parts which the suppliers don't seem keen to address for some reason.

Regards,
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2017 :  19:34:53  Show Profile
I have a feeling Baynton Jones did some.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000