Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MG PB
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  16:57:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by John Mee

How much of this PB is original? Maybe only the chassis. It's sad to think a totally original car like DML 429 could end up looking like this car, just another new special .

John Mee

Exactly what I'm on about.....I can tell you how it works in the 911 Porsche world.....take a £40k 1989 911 SC turn it into a 73 Resto mod evocation backdate re-imagined whatever you want to call it and charge £285k for it......LMAO.....and that is fact I can point you in the dealers direction if you want one I'm sure there's a few quids worth of engineering thrown in Etc. fair enough it gives certain people what they want given the scarcity of the real thing but to my mind it's just a bitsa as well engineered as it may be I also think it dilutes the ownership experience of having the real thing as everbody suspects your pride and joy is a Replica (fake) look at AC Cobras I guess it's a way restorer can up the value of below average car lets be honest here there are a lot of cars you can buy out there for the price of this MG (Bitsa) Special.....from what I've seen in my short venture into the MMM world it appears to be a similar scenario given the scarcity of matching numbers cars (I can't find one.......yet) and the scarcity of original MMM MG Factory Specials obviously.....I'm still looking though I'm currently looking at the original F2 but when I asked for photo's of the chassis number and engine number the correspodence dried up....I guess that answered my own question LOL
Go to Top of Page

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  17:43:40  Show Profile
hi, Lew, it cant be pb 0730, thats me.
however approx 15 years ago the MG club or someone from this site got in touch as pb0730 was alledgedly with gene ponder (you tube gargemahal gene ponder). just wondered if tht helps explain why you have my chassis over the pond?

1394@talktalk.net

Edited by - phil on 12/09/2017 18:07:31
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2017 :  19:13:46  Show Profile
Hmmm. I do have a record for something claiming to be PB0730, and it matches what is shown in an earlier posting photo (K3 lookalike, all aluminum body, came from Argentina, etc). But it is without a current owner record. So I think I will change the chassis number to PB????. If there was a claim to PB0730 as a part of the Gene Ponder collection, I'm not surprised. Many of those cars were built up on an orphan chassis to meet the owner's fancy, regardless of historical accuracy.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  11:24:52  Show Profile
"Foundation for the marque's famous T series" ? Excuse me, I feel sick.
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2017 :  13:06:24  Show Profile
Why? Seems a fairly logical statement to me
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: