Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M Type Piston Ring
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2017 :  15:47:11  Show Profile
In reassembling my engine I have committed the ultimate clumsy blunder and broken a piston compression ring. Having just been re-sleeved, the bore size is standard 57mm. The rings are 1.5mm thick (1/16" approx) and the radial depth is 2.3mm.

I have tried a few commercial sources, including Thorntons, without success and am waiting for a call back from another supplier. Phillip Daintree has effectively retired now but gave me the other chap's number. I bought the pistons many years ago through Barry Walker but his supplier, Peter Hepworth Components, no longer serve the old car market and can't help. S & V only supply complete piston sets.

Apparently a +20thou ring would work with re-gapping but is not ideal.

Can anyone help with a part or a possible source, please?

Malcolm
M Type

Edited by - Malcolm Eades on 25/10/2017 15:48:09

John46

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2017 :  17:03:58  Show Profile
Try Cox and Turner Engineering,Somerset. www.coxandturner.co.uk 01935 826816
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2017 :  09:08:30  Show Profile
Thanks John. I think I've found a ring through the contact that Philip Daintree gave me. I'll know for sure when it arrives. Thanks for the Cox & Turner link. Judging by their website, they could be very useful in future.

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000