Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 F M Montgomery
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

montyc

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2017 :  16:23:11  Show Profile
My father was F M Montgomery and this forum has given me a lot of useful information that I didn't know. Special thanks to Mike Dalby who I have since met and spent some time with. In addition to his 1930 and 1931 exploits in a MG M type in the Monte Carlo Rallies, FMM did the 1932 and 1933 Monte with Donald Healey and in 1934 the Monte with J W Whalley and finally in 1939 the Monte with J McEvoy. In addition he did the 1930 and 1931 double twelve at Brooklands and in 1931 the ARDS TT in MG C types.

I have visited the MG car club and Brooklands Museum, but there still some questions unanswered which I am hoping someone can help with.

1.Who is the co-driver with my father who features in the VC1931 picture elsewhere on this forum?
2.Is the Mrs McEvoy who drove with Amy Johnson (1939 Monte) related to the J McEvoy driving with my father. Both teams were in Fords. (Mrs McEvoy is not related to Michael McEvoy.)
3.More info on J W Whalley.
Any leads would be interesting. Many thanks.

Chris Montgomery

C Montgomery

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2017 :  19:41:53  Show Profile
J. W. Whalley was John W. Whalley who had a Ford garage in Bishop Stortford and trialled and rallied in Fords. He also did Shelseley in a Ford V8 in 1933. But who was his family.
VC 1931 was the M type FMM drove on the 1930.
As Chris says any information would be super!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2017 :  19:57:06  Show Profile
Thank for the kind words Chris!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly