Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M-type radiator shell
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  09:14:29  Show Profile
Maurice Reichart in France, who is on this list, but as far as I can see hasn't made any posts, has asked me for assistance in finding a rad shell for his M-type.

He had one, which he sent to the platers but they seriously bu**ered it up and it is beyond salvation.

He tells me that he has tried the usual sources (including Ray Pettet of Compound Curvatures) for a replacement but to no avail.

I have spoken to Ron of Compound Curvatures who says that he isn't interested in making a 'one-off' but would do a small batch (not quantified but I imagine perhaps 5 or 6). The over the phone price for a new M-type rad shell in brass is £550 and a deposit of £100 would be required.

Is there any interest out there, or is there a decent second hand one available?

I have no pecuniary interest and my sole involvement is in helping an Octagon Car Club member who needs help.

JOHN JAMES

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3680 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  10:15:11  Show Profile
Thanks John,

That's a sorry tale. As a matter of interest, we do not have M. Reichart listed an an M-type owner but we as we have his contact details we will follow up.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  10:36:10  Show Profile
May pay to check ,but I'm sure someone owns the rights to the tooling for these shells and it may not go down well if they start being made without that person being consulted first .
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3246 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  18:12:45  Show Profile
Some years ago, Bryan Purves was making new shells, but I can't recall what model(s) they were for.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  21:52:57  Show Profile
Thanks, Lew.

When I last spoke to Bryan (must have been over a year ago) he told me that he was 'winding down' and going part-time.

I will however give him a call.

Kind Regards, JOHN
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3109 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  22:17:59  Show Profile
John, is Maurice's shell a complete write off or are any sections undamaged ?

The reason I ask is that I have a J2 shell which I hope to repair but some sections have been cut out. If I could find any similar surviving sections my J2 shell could be repaired. I understand the M and J shells are sufficiently alike to allow areas of one to repair similar areas of the other.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
965 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  18:02:18  Show Profile
Sam, I've replied to you off-line.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: