Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 J2 and Ptype
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spatek

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2017 :  18:48:11  Show Profile
A chap at our local car club showed me a picture of J2 his father owned in the late 40's he took part in events with the Sheffield and Hallamshire motor club {he still has the badge] I could not make the reg but he says it was OY 4081 nothing in the register? I will post the pic when he does a copy as he does
not want to lend me the pic,and then by coincidence today Iwas transferring and editing some old films [ its warmer in the study than the garage] and up pops a PtypeOY8940 look in the register its not there but it is in the 1986 register PA0592 but PA0592 is also down as OV8940 and in every list after that so could possibly be corrected in the future. happy new year to all Terry W.

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2017 :  19:45:03  Show Profile
Thanks Terry.

I think you are correct about OY 4081 not being listed as a surviving car. Perhaps the picture, when you have it, may cast more light?

OY 8940 is definitely recorded as the reg of PA0592 and that is the number logged as the car's reg from the factory files. The Register database corroborates this, although I do concede that some earlier editions of the printed annual list (but not the latest one) show a reg of OV 8940. I think that can be put down to optical/digital error in keying in the car's details 'some time ago'.

[Added: The last recorded info about the car dates back to 2005 when the car was resident in Derby.]

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 28/12/2017 19:55:31
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000