Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 PB switches
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  10:45:41  Show Profile
I am looking for a PB Rotax ignition switch and 4 push pull milkchurn switches to complete dash. Thanks.

ja.mcnab

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  13:57:49  Show Profile
Chris Clarke made up milk churn switches for me.01773 550485
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  14:11:15  Show Profile
are the P-type ones with brown push/pull buttons like this one I have?
Clearly isn't a P-type switch from what's identified below ...

Chris Blood D0407

Edited by - bloodysalmon on 06/02/2018 18:55:28
Go to Top of Page

Mark

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  17:35:40  Show Profile
Hi Allan and Chris. Thanks for your replies. I will give Chris Clarke a call. They could be like the one you have Chris but I have nothing to compare so would need to be guided. The threaded portion needs to be long enough to pass through the timber dash. Mark
Go to Top of Page

sullivan

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  18:13:44  Show Profile
Hi Mark,

The switches look like this and are difficult to come by.

the two for the trafficators are different being on only when pushed. These are not Milk Churn switches. The other top two snap into position and stay on when pulled. These are the Milk Churn Switches, and should be brown as you know. They are made of Bakelite/ acetate and very, very fragile.

Brian W Sullivan
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3244 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  20:15:58  Show Profile
The bodies of both types of switches get brittle and will crack and eventually fall apart. I have been successful in making new bodies out of Delrin and moving the old switch parts to the new bodies. However, this assumes you have the rest of the old switch to transfer.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

sullivan

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  20:35:02  Show Profile
Hi Mark,

I note my mistake the switch bodies are made from a hard form of rubber known as Ebonite. This is the material which Lew refers to and has replaced with delrin (what a great idea!). You will find them on occasion on eBay if you are persistent and occasionally here on parts for sale. It took me a long while to assemble the bits needed from other club members. Hopfully somone can help you.

Best,

Brian W Sullivan
Go to Top of Page

Mark

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2018 :  09:37:05  Show Profile
Thank you all for your comments. Most helpful. Sounds like I need to keep looking!!!! I am not using trafficators so 4 push pull type switches will be fine. Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000