Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 PA for auction
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jonathan Elliott

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  16:09:50  Show Profile
PA up for auction in April.

https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/mg-pa-1934/

PeterL

United Kingdom
1723 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  16:40:22  Show Profile
It seems to be down in the middle too!
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  17:06:06  Show Profile
I think it is John Cherrett's old car he also has an MG TA, a 2 litre Lagonda and a dismantled LHD E type Jaguar. All shown on the auction page.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3678 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2018 :  17:19:24  Show Profile
Indeed it is! We were in touch with the vendor during January and await developments!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Tim Phelps

United Kingdom
167 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2018 :  12:59:03  Show Profile
I was at a loose end a couple of weeks ago so I popped down to Poole to have a look at this car. Here’s a summary of what I could see with the car in an unlit shed with no tools or means of seeing under the car.

• The car has obviously not been run in a while and needs complete re-commissioning at least, if not restoration.
• The number on the engine in the car is 1584AP which looks like it is the original unit.
• There is a carrier bag stuffed with correspondence, receipts etc for the car.
• The upholstery is vinyl and, as can be seen from the photos, wrong in that there are no door pockets and no “ears” on the seat back.
• The chassis and running gear is all original as far as I could see, including the original rear Luvaxes and battery carrier visible from the hatch behind the seats.
• The MMM Register records the car as being a 4-seater when built. The 2-seater body on the car seems to be in reasonably sound condition, but has no cut-outs for the semaphore trafficators.
• The bonnet is not original. The bonnet catches are wrong for a PA, which is the first giveaway. There appears to be no chassis number stamping on the hinge (someone has looked at the car before me and had a good scrape at the paint overspray on the hinge to look for a number!). However, the bonnet seems well made and fits reasonably well.
• The rear bonnet landing is incorrect and has been done in wood and rubber, rather than the original offset “T” section alloy and tape.
• The dash has all its instruments, but the dash itself has either been replaced or re-veneered (badly).
• There is no foot-mounted starter button, and no obvious alternative self-starting method.
• The reverse gate is missing from the gearbox remote turret.
• There was a tonneau with the car, but no evidence of hood, hood frame or side screens.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000