Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 QA0257
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3246 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2018 :  18:21:37  Show Profile
I have today received my copy of the latest issue of Classic & Sportscar magazine which goes on sale on Thursday.

I note H and H are advertising QA0257 as being "Available by Private Sale". I have looked at their web site and the car is not there so presume they may be awaiting delivery?

The car was due to be sold via auction in Australia but I believe did not sell? What a lovely and very original looking car - if only I had won last week's £123 million pound lottery!!

George
L2023

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  19:21:05  Show Profile
My information is that the car is still for sale and has been cleared for export outside of Australia. It has been in Oz from new and has a fantastic history. I believe that the asking price is in the general region of £300,000 GBP but don't hold me to the accuracy of that figure. If anyone wants first hand info about the car, I can supply the e-mail address of John Lackey, the present owner. An important part of Australian racing history, giving potentially K3 performance at half the price.

Colin B

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 01/05/2018 19:25:56
Go to Top of Page

Russ Jackson

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  22:16:19  Show Profile
we talked about this car in a previous thread when it was at auction last year it didn't sell....if I remember correctly it was valued at around £240,000....looks like it's gone up in price.....would it have been as blingy under the hood from the factory as in the registery pictures?....I can't imagne so

(I may not be a clever man but I know someone who is)
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  10:40:47  Show Profile
Russ. My £300,000 figure was a guess after speaking to some Australian friends. If it is still at £250,000 it makes the proposition even more attractive. Yes, you are right about it being too "blingy" but it will develop a nice patina after a few laps of Silverstone or Brands Hatch !

Best wishes,

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000