Triple-M Register Forums
Triple-M Register Forums
Home | Cars for Sale | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2017 Yearbook
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2018 :  20:06:25  Show Profile
The 2017 Yearbook is now available!

This latest edition has 4 more pages than last time yet is available at the same price as for the past few years - £12 plus postage.

The content features:
• An article by John Gillett whose ex-Prince Bira M.G. K3 is depicted on the cover, in which recounts something of the history of this celebrated car and his own competitive experience as its custodian since 2009;
• Alan Bentley offers a detailed analysis and commentary on supercharging the early M.G.s with particular emphasis on the Zoller and Powerplus units;
• Technical guru Barry Foster details the origins and evolution of the
6-cylinder engines as fitted to F type Magnas and their context with other M.G. engine developments. Present day refinements are also discussed;
• Register President Mike Allison, the well-known M.G. historian and author who worked for many years at the Abingdon factory, gives a first hand account of the men who influenced the evolution and making of Triple-M M.G.s;
• History is also served by the reprise of a 1973 article by the late Nigel Musselwhite 'J4 in the Mille Miglia' in which the author describes the rapid preparation of J4002 and the successful outcome of the campaign in this event, in which he and Colin Tieche took part that year;
• Graeme Jackson recounts a tale of three J types which made their way to Australia and the story of their serendipitous survival on road and track;
• Competition Secretary Mike Linward rounds off the Yearbook with a 29 page illustrated account of the many racing, trialling, speed and other events in which Triple-M cars competed during 2017.

Available via the Register Library at http://www.triple-mshop.org/products-page/yearbooks-and-register/ or postage free at various Register events such as:

MG Live - June 2 & 3
Registar AGM - June 17
Summer Gathering July 8
Race events during the season if you are prepared to wait that long!

[
br]

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 30/04/2018 20:07:04

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2018 :  21:53:42  Show Profile
Thanks for the plug, Dick.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2018 :  22:12:35  Show Profile
It’s brilliant!!!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3246 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2018 :  23:01:45  Show Profile
Very well done Simon, looks great and printed in time for Brands.

George
Secretary
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  01:00:51  Show Profile
But not quite on the Web Shop yet.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  08:37:00  Show Profile
Lew, the are now available the on-line shop at http://www.triple-mshop.org/products-page/yearbooks-and-register/current-yearbook-2017-edition/

To see it is to desire it! 80 have already been snapped up at Brands Hatch, Reivers II and Mattingley.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  17:13:47  Show Profile
We got this helpful correction by text message from Oliver Richardson today:

Who proof read the yb ? There's photos of BH captioned as Silverstone. Also the table of race performance is out of sync . I have never driven a K3 let alone raced one

Thanks, Oliver - I'll take that as an offer to help with the proof reading next year

Simon J
J3437

Edited by Nick 2/5/2015
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3683 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  17:45:19  Show Profile
Hello Simon,

I think we can take this as constructive criticism/suggestion! One of these days we shall achieve a state of perfection, although as an old boss of mine used to say that will only be when we have harps and wings!
Great book by the way!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6192 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  23:30:25  Show Profile
Thanks for the afterthought, Dick.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  10:03:49  Show Profile
Simon. I think that Ollie has a valid point. There always seems to be a desperate race to get the YB in print as early as possible, but I think that a delay of another week or two would be of great benefit. Surely, suitable extracts of the book could be sent to the people who wrote the texts for final checking before the main print is done. My own view is that the YB should be totally perfect. Let's face it, people will still be reading it 20 years from now.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  22:22:54  Show Profile
There you are Simon, you now have two volunteers!
At this rate it will be a piece of cake!
Go to Top of Page

Library

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  13:00:25  Show Profile
1st batch of orders sent out today, thanks and hope you enjoy.

Triple-M Register Library
http://www.triple-mshop.org/
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1506 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2018 :  19:29:42  Show Profile
I've had mine a week but only had a chance to quickly flick through it, but it looks very good, and a credit to the Register and those that put it together. I guess there's bound to be the odd error or odd detail missed out, and I don't know the answers to that. :)

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2018 :  09:16:33  Show Profile
However carefully you have your work proofread, some errors will creep in, as all ex-editors will testify. I haven’t seen it yet but I am confident this year’s will be up to the usual high standard - Thank you Simon!

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
765 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2018 :  10:44:27  Show Profile
Just like sending emails, you see errors just as you have pressed send GRRRR

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 05/05/2018 10:44:58
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2054 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2018 :  12:42:20  Show Profile

Errors or not, I have just received my yearbook and I think it rates amongst the very best of the bunch.

Thanks to all concerned and including a very speedy delivery from the library!

Chris.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register Forums © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000