Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 How they Ran & J2 Tales
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SteveGrover

South Africa
14 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2018 :  06:33:25  Show Profile
Hi All,

Being fully aware of their rarity, I am looking for copies of Mike Hawke's "How they Ran" and "J2 Tales".

If anybody has a copy of either that they would be happy to relinquish to a new home in exchange for monies please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Steve Grover - J3395
Johannesburg, South Africa

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2018 :  14:55:23  Show Profile
Steve, good & not so good news:
I'm finally getting my act together & "How They Ran" should be available again before too long from the MMM Bookshop.
Only 50 copies of "J2 Tales" were produced in 2003 as a way of marking 50 years ownership & continuous use of J2396 with all its ups & downs. They were not published as such, but given to 50 people who had influence on those 50 years (explanation below):

I have a list of who they all went to (one went out to SA) & I suspect that the vast majority are still on the bookshelves of the original recipients. Whilst "75 Years of the MGJ2" (to be 100 years in my dotage?) & "How they Ran" can be produced as long as people want them, "J2 Tales" will remain at those 50 personal copies.

JH
Go to Top of Page

SteveGrover

South Africa
14 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2018 :  07:29:42  Show Profile
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks very much for the response.

I was aware that "J2 Tales" was rare, but not to the extent that you have described. I am certain that they remain with their original owners or descendants thereof.

Will wait for the reappearance of "How they Ran" at the Bookshop. Thanks for your efforts towards republishing!

Steve Grover - J3395
Johannesburg, South Africa
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2018 :  07:41:48  Show Profile
Hello Jeremy, That is a great gesture to produce 50 copies and pass on to the selected few. I have completed the same with the artwork of Dudley Cottinghams MG J2 J4129 with your fathers report of the two awards he was aware of and published in your father's book, I am pleased that I was able to advise you of the registration number of J4129. Only 10 official copies are in existence, all are allocated. The artwork is copyrighted by the artist and permission has been granted by the artist for just the 10 copies which he has marked 1/10, 2/10 etc. The artist has given permission to reproduce here but with the proviso that it cannot be copied ( hence the red marker, the reduction in size of the original and loss of some detail including the artists signature.). The artist used an orginal photo of Bryan Gush to reproduce the face of Marjorie Gush and Dudley Cottingham, the assumption for Dudley was she may have wanted her boyfriend to look something akin to her brother.

Chris.

J2353 J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 05/08/2018 08:05:29
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2018 :  09:32:30  Show Profile

I would like to take the opportunity here, to express my eternal gratitude to Mike for providing me with a copy of his personal book (never published) ‘ K3 007’ It may or may not have been as a result of me providing Mike with Ron Horton’s BRDC Badge !

Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000