Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2018 :  20:27:45  Show Profile
Among the history of my recently acquired NA are details of the few years it was in the USA. One letter in the US MMM file tells that in one film titled "The Gay Divorcée" Fred Astaire drives an MG J2 for five minutes in a car chase. In case this is of interest. I have not seen the film myself.

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2018 :  21:23:06  Show Profile
Hello Mike

This topic has been much discussed on the Forum - as far back as 2008!

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=976&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=gay,divorcee

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
411 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2018 :  01:12:46  Show Profile
By all means watch the film. I can never decide which Astaire- Rogers film is my favorite, Gay Divorcee or Top Hat. Music better in Top Hat,but the MG scene in Divorcee, so much fun. Astaire and Rogers, nobody was better. Divorcee "Night and Day" by Cole Porter, or "I'm in Heaven" in Top Hat by Irving Berlin. And that Feather Dress! Wow!!

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2018 :  09:39:59  Show Profile
This clip can be found on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cm1g-dDL18

Sam
Go to Top of Page

MGNA0613

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2018 :  19:16:15  Show Profile
Congratulations Mike on your NA purchase - I also have an NA but it has been in California all of its life bar its' first 5 months. I would be interested in hearing about you cars history in the US either email or through the forum. Since you mention films (the J2 in the Astaire movie) there are actually movies more germain to NA owners. The movie "Bulldog Drummond in Africa" (can find on youtube) has a few scenes with an NA and in Alfred Hitchcock's "Suspicion" also has an NA both are 4 seaters the first almost certainly my car, second movie highly likely its the same car. Will try to post photos - but this is my first post so could be hit or miss!
Go to Top of Page

MGNA0613

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2018 :  19:38:39  Show Profile
Screen shot from YouTube - "Bulldog Drummond in Africa"

Go to Top of Page

MGNA0613

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2018 :  19:49:01  Show Profile
And driving by while Hitchcock is posting a letter in his cameo appearance in the movie "Suspicion" (1941), bit clearer in the actual movie

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000