Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M type oil filter pipe
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cashworth

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2018 :  15:22:16  Show Profile
I am looking for the ‘s’ shaped pipe from an original oil filter to the oil pump.
The fitting on the pump has a ‘female’ thread and the measurement across the flats of the retaining nut is 25mm. This I think is the larger of the two options.
Chris

poulsendk

Denmark
270 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2018 :  19:23:20  Show Profile
Hi Chris. Is this ou are looking for ? I have fitted modern oilfilters on my 2 M types with oilfilter adaptor from S&V.

Jørgen Poulsen

MGM 1930 MGM 1931
Go to Top of Page

cashworth

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2018 :  19:05:03  Show Profile
Jörgen
Many thanks for your reply.
The o/d of the pipe size I am looking for is approx 12mm. The pipe size in the pictures you have sent looks more like 10mm or therebouts and therefore will be too small. The retaining nut needs to be 25mm across the flats to be compatible with the internal thread on the pump.
Like you I have fitted the S&V oil filter modification but they recommended retaining the original pipe work and pass the oil through the now redundant oil filter. Unfortunately I am missing the original pipe from the original filter to the pump.
I much prefer the set up in the pictures whereby the oil goes straight from the sump to the pump and I will now investigate this option.
Thank you for your interest in looking for the right solution for me.
Regards
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Hornet

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2018 :  16:06:08  Show Profile
The original alloy housing with the brass filter in it is not just there to filter the oil . it is fitted as a header for priming the oil pump . as the oil level is lower than the pump the oil can drain from the pump when the system has wear or unused for long periods and will not pick the oil from the sump .
Go to Top of Page

cashworth

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  14:16:41  Show Profile
Thanks for your reply. I must admit I did wonder about that. Having said that I have seen lots of pictures with the original filter bypassed and I am now wondering how they prime the pump.
Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000