Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Any racing tips?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geflackt

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  13:23:15  Show Profile
Now that I have the '35 P-type special just about back together, I'm gearing up for our end-of-season track weekend. But there's still a lot to learn! I have done about 20 events with pre-war - and this is mostly where I started in racing.

My car is relatively lightweight(1100 pounds? I'll weigh it in a week or 2), 18" Blockley tires, stiff springing/dampeners(may be due to the low weight?), low CoG, stock brakes(new cables!), and a fresh unblown race motor.

Does anyone have track tips to share? Things like car setup(tire pressures, alignment,...), driving techniques, and other preparation items. The driver side of things is where I want to concentrate next.

Jason.

'35 MG P Lester Special - GUR963.

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  16:29:45  Show Profile
Sounds great Jason, I hope you will post some photos and do keep us up to date with your racing antics!

Most of my techniques have been thrown out the window (If I had one) this season. I d say its a learning curve every lap!!

Much to learn ont he track..but we are getting quite good at BBQs and Lunches in the Paddock

Whats the engine?

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  18:58:33  Show Profile
The best bit of advice I ever had was from Dad prior to my first event as a 17 year old novice: "have fun & keep it on the black stuff!" - maybe he was worried about the car?
Go to Top of Page

geflackt

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  20:15:20  Show Profile
Have fun and keep it on the black - that's the main goal!

Last time I had the car out was the MMM event at Watkins Glen in 2014. The main bearings crapped out(material was way too thick), but the rest of the engine survived. I put the car away for a while, then had the bearings redone and the bottom-end setup. I just finished the engine and started break-in, but may do a new cam and valves next year depending on what I do with the car. This has the NE Ulster cam - the note in the forum technical section helped with timing.

Will post pics and video in a few weeks!

'35 MG P Lester Special - GUR963.
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  21:39:50  Show Profile
And of course our favourite...

Safety Fast!!

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
991 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2018 :  09:57:51  Show Profile
I don't race, but hillclimbing with my road-going PA/B, ~700kgs, 4.00x19 Blockleys, I run tyres at 40 lbs/inē. I use Redline Shockproof oil in gearbox and back axle, for less drag. YMMV

Colin

Markinch, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000