Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Graham Ash
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2018 :  16:00:34  Show Profile
I have seen in another thread that Graham Ash has passed away. Graham was at one time the leading light in MG square rigger matters around Swindon, owning SVW, T types and finally J2. At one time it was the three Grahams, Ash, Howell and Arrondelle, with a few non-Grahams as well!

After a series of personal tragedies Graham moved away to the Isle of Wight, after which we lost touch, so I am sorry to find out about his passing in this way. RIP Graham.

Regards,
Graham

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2018 :  17:28:46  Show Profile
I was also shocked to see that Graham has passed away.

I got to know Graham when I lived in the Swindon area. He was an ex-submariner and as Graham Arrondelle has mentioned owned quite a few MGs over many years. Graham lost his wife and also suffered a terrible personal tradegy but despite this he remained remarkably cheerful. I lost touch when Graham moved to the Isle of Wight to rebuild his life.

My condolences to Graham’s daughter and family.

George
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
963 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2018 :  21:52:18  Show Profile

Graham married Heather (his wife's best friend - they grew up together on the IOW) soon after moving to the island.

I attended the funeral on the IOW with my wife and David Stansbie in March.

His daughter (Jane) is married and living in Cardiff. She intends to finish the restoration of Graham's TA.

I wrote the following paragraph in late February for inclusion in the April issue of my magazine 'Totally T-Type 2'

As we grow older, we are reminded that we can’t live forever by the number of funerals we attend of our loved ones. I shall shortly be attending the funeral on the Isle of Wight of Graham Ash, a dear friend of mine and Sue’s. Graham owned several MGs including a TA, YA, TD and MGA, also a VA Tourer (his first MG) which went to Australia. Graham worked on vintage Bentley’s at one stage of his varied life and was the sort of chap who would help anybody. R. I. P. Graham.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000