Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Conversion of NA to slab tank
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  10:23:54  Show Profile
As an oily-rag man of advanced age (81), I am content to do most of my MMM motoring in my garage.I look in wonder at the immaculate cars and competition results in our Bulletin.
A few months ago I put a question on the above subject in the Technical forum. It attracted 6458 readers. Do I get a prize? Like a QOTY maybe?

coracle

United Kingdom
1942 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  11:42:37  Show Profile
Is that a butcher's block in the picture?
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2546 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  13:04:24  Show Profile
Certainly looks like one. Behind it the hopefully not butchered lovely 4 seater body.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  13:49:03  Show Profile
I like the ladders against the right hand wall . Can’t use them very often .
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3679 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  13:54:37  Show Profile
Does the garage perchance double as a morgue?

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  14:23:56  Show Profile
Damaged car + corpse? OK, let me guess, you caught somebody red-handed after they had broken into your garage and vandalised your MG?
Go to Top of Page

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  15:57:48  Show Profile
As Robby Burns would have it, it's good to see ourselves as others see us. (1) No, it is a bench sturdy enough to take any MMM engine with gearbox and small enough to fit upside down in my small car trailer.(2)The less-than lovely 4-seater body was removed carefully for a limited restoration and refitting to the chassis, contrary to my original plans. (3) The ladder is fixed to the wall. It used to lead to a trap door in the bedroom floor above. I must re-instate it as a fire escape sometime.(4) The dead body under the NA chassis is just a pair of boots. Future photos will be more convincing. (5) Vandalised? You hurt me Sir! My NA is being stripped with great care to enable me to sand-blast the chassis and rebuild the car. Wish me luck.

Edited by - Mike Strong on 30/10/2018 15:59:55
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2018 :  16:40:42  Show Profile
Well done Mike on the progress you are making.

I am pleased to note you plan to restore and refit the 4 seat body.

George
Registrar F/L/N types
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1942 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2018 :  10:04:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Oz34

Certainly looks like one. Behind it the hopefully not butchered lovely 4 seater body.

Dave

Butcher's block is a condition akin to writer's block.

The title of this thread together with the un-molested N body and clear evidence of a propensity to shelve things all around the garage leads one to the thought that this could well be a case of "Butcher's block?"
Go to Top of Page

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2018 :  12:26:10  Show Profile
Note that there are no car parts on the shelves. Most are in the woods near Corfe castle. Any new diagnosis?

Edited by - Mike Strong on 31/10/2018 12:31:33
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1942 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2018 :  00:05:07  Show Profile
I do not normally give pro bonio diagnoses but as you doggedly pursue my view it is as follows.

Methinks the picture does not show the woods around Corfe Castle; it is more like a disused poll dancing den. The confusion perhaps arises as it may well have been established by the not so well known entertainment magnate William Conker.

There is evidence here of clipped wings which perhaps explains why the poles are sprouting; they have not been used for some time.

The keen eyed will also spot a dash of reality in the middle of the photo but it does not yet reach far above the "convincing" benchmark.

Go to Top of Page

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2018 :  08:55:51  Show Profile
Yes, The camera needed to be aimed very slightly lower. As you observe, the poles are from polled trees. It is neither a Poll- nor Pole-dancing den,and it could not be quite finished due to my unexpected urgent need to store the NA bits, having been let down on accommodation elsewhere. Thank you, Coracle, for your interest.
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1942 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2018 :  11:32:08  Show Profile
For the avoidance of doubt "Poll dancing" is a political activity; probably the best examples of which are Trumpian.

"Pole dancing" however is practised by BT (Openreach) engineers when repairing your telephone line.

Neither of these has any connection with residents of Poland.

I used to think that such ambiguity could be remedied by eating less, but that was just a figment of my futile imagination.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2018 :  19:44:25  Show Profile
I would say that your imagination is fertile,and I hope it is seldom futile.
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1942 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2018 :  13:40:06  Show Profile
Mike, Many thanks for taking my somewhat irreverent observations as they were intended.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Strong

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2018 :  21:17:41  Show Profile
Having had no relevant response to my first question, I claim the dubious honour of submitting the QOTY. The trophy is a bottle top with a question mark engraved. Er... unless anyone can beat 6458 readers this year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000