Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brooklands MG Era Day
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2019 :  20:21:35  Show Profile
Sunday 14th April.-Brooklands MG Era Day - anyone else going.?

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2019 :  20:51:34  Show Profile
Keith

A thread was started in the Members area a while ago - here are the two key messages that everyone should know about:

Posted - 05/03/2019 : 10:14:40
The MG Era event usually sees a good turnout of MGs of all ages but the Committee would like to encourage more Triple-M cars to attend as part of the anniversary celebrations.

1. Brooklands has decided to treat the event as a celebration of the past 10 decades of MG production. I guess that means we are in the final decade of the first hundred years!

2. John Glover is taking the lead on planning the usual octagonal display that will be situated in the inner precinct area outside the Brooklands Clubhouse. John reports that the following cars will be displayed:
14/28, 14/40, 18/80, 18/100 Tigress, M Type Midget from the Brooklands collection, Allan Bentley's C-type which raced at Brooklands in 1934, John Emmett's D type and Tim Edwards' F type

3. It may be possible for additional Triple-M cars to be positioned around the periphery of the octagon. That has yet to be planned or agreed.

4. “Old No. 1” should also be there, subject to Brooklands agreeing transport costs between Brooklands and Gaydon Museum.

5. The general Triple-M car park will be situated as usual in the Campbell car park - the area with the shelters, that some of you may remember

6. A novelty this year, now that the Wellington hanger has been moved and the Finishing Straight opened-up, is that a timeline of cars will be arranged on the slope of the Straight. The older cars will be at the bottom of the slope, progressing uphill to the most modern vehicles. There should be room for 5-6 Triple-Ms there and that should give an interesting historic perspective on the development of the cars. Brooklands do not particularly need this part of the display to consist of competition cars - anything goes - although they would welcome competition cars in other areas of the displays mentioned above.

7. There will also be a tribute to the late Colin Reynolds.

8. We would like as many Triple-M cars and owners to attend but there is a slight complication in that it clashes with the Kimber Trial (13th April) and the VSCC Silverstone Formula Vintage race meeting (13th and 14th April) - a good example of the wide range of opportunities available for our cars these days!

9. Peter Green has kindly offered to give his support to the Register's involvement in the MG Era event. Dick Morbey will be working with Peter over the coming weeks on this but, unfortunately will be abroad when the event takes place.

The main MG Car Club will be attending the event as of course will the Southeast Centre. If any members would like to offer practical assistance with organising our involvement in the event, then please contact Dick or Peter. Also, if you are planning to bring a Triple-M car, it would be helpful to know in advance in case the car would be appropriate for the displays. We will also need to issue you with windscreen passes to allow access you access to the display areas.

Entry tickets can be bought from Brooklands before the event or on the gate

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/03/2019 10:15:43

UPDATE
Posted - 31/03/2019 : 18:57:28
The MG Era Day at Brooklands is just 2 weeks away!

It would be very helpful to know beforehand how many folks plan to bring their car along to the event - details are at https://www.mgcc.co.uk/event/brooklands-mg-era-day/
Please post a reply to tell us..

Please can anyone attending help in the following way?
We need a small number of volunteers to assist with:
a) intercepting Triple-M cars as they arrive at the Campbell Gate so we can issue them with display parking passes, and
b) helping to marshal the cars into the correct location either in the reserved Triple-M Car Park (the Campbell Car Park) or on the Finishing Straight, where there will be a timeline of models.

Offers of help to Dick Morbey please. Thank you!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

PS
Important Update

Peter Green is currently unwell and is unlikely to be able to take any part in MG Era event - and yours truly is out of the country on the day, so we really do need all the help we can get for the various tasks described above. Offers please ......!!

Edited by - DickMorbey on 03/04/2019 20:59:06
Go to Top of Page

sullivan

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2019 :  21:41:38  Show Profile
So,

How does a member enter the Members only section ?

Kindly,

Brian W Sullivan
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2019 :  22:01:40  Show Profile
Hello Brian,

This is controlled by our webmaster Nick Feakes. If you are an MGCC member or a member of a Club that is affiliated to the MGCC, just send the details to Nick (details on the contacts page) - and he will do the necessary.

I don't know why the MG Era thread started life in the Members only area, which is why I opened it up with my previous post!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  08:55:51  Show Profile
I thought it was very quiet on the MG Era day this year! For some reason I am unable to gain access to the members only forum.

Keith Wallace
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  09:19:58  Show Profile
Hello Keith,

Because the Register does not have an automatic membership data feed from the Club we have to record MGCC membership details manually. It's a long-winded process!

There is a Keith Wallace listed as an MGCC member with number 111604. Is that you? If so the Club has a different e-mail address compared with the one we hold - it has the word leadlight in the name.....

Can you pls advise and I will arrange the necessary?

Thanks

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
373 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  13:34:29  Show Profile
Still no F type to complete the Octagon, I'm afraid Dick.
If anyone has an idea, just mail me.

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

Keith Wallace

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  13:37:18  Show Profile
Dick, my email address has changed 10years ago, I will try to check & update if neccessary my membership profile details.

Update:
I have now checked my profile details and they do show my current correct email address.

Now....how do I get access to the Members only forum?

Regards
Keith.

Edited by - Keith Wallace on 04/04/2019 13:45:48
Go to Top of Page

JCB

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  16:22:33  Show Profile
John E. and Forum:

Have you tried Ian Ross?
Link below.
http://www.fmagna.org.uk/
All the best.

John Bakewell
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  18:23:06  Show Profile
To our North American Triple-M members, the NAMMMR is an affiliate of the MGCC, so you may (presumably) quote your NAMMMR membership number and the fact that you are a NAMMMR member.

Lew Palmer
PA1169, PB0560
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  18:34:01  Show Profile
Lew, that is absolutely correct!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Christopher Hobbs

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  22:27:48  Show Profile
To say that MG K1 ALA 871 will be at the MG Era day with the Hobbs family, plus new red wheels as original, as well as other parts of the family in other MGs!
See you all in the Campbell area
Christopher, Kate and Abby 07775 847811

C.Hobbs
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3677 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2019 :  09:58:55  Show Profile
Did anyone take any pictures at Sunday's MG Era Day at Brooklands? If so, Bulletin Editor Digby Gibbs would be most grateful to see them! (Thanks Christopher Hobbs for the pics and links you have already provided!)

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

JohnE

United Kingdom
373 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2019 :  10:17:12  Show Profile
Morning Dick,
The C type icing up on the way, the central Octagon (there should be some aerial photos of this), and one of D0430 (the one recovered from a garden in 2008);

Hard to relate just how cold it was only a few days ago!

JohnE
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2539 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2019 :  17:39:01  Show Profile
As John says, it was a bit brass monkeys. Took 20 miles to show any oil temperature on the way up and then it fell again. I almost wondered if I was getting carb icing! much better on the way home though.

My photos;

Time Line and, well, I would take that one wouldn't I? Christopher Hobbs' car

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 18/04/2019 17:42:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000