Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Nice day out in the PA
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NickPoll

France
43 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  08:49:53  Show Profile
Had a great day yesterday in the PA ( ex Ray Masters ). It was to attend a pre 1945 car event in the Ariege part of the Pyrenees. The day before I had fitted the hood & sidescreens ( for the first time ). About twenty miles down the road I got a puncture, but that was quickly sorted. I met up with the other cars at a lakeside restaurant at Carla Bayle. The sun was coming out now, so the hood was removed and packed away.There was a nice TA in the same cream colour as my car. Shortly after leaving the restaurant the rev counter packed up. I hope it's just the cable. The car ran very well all day.Thank you Ray for allowing me to take over your pride & joy.

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  09:15:29  Show Profile
Hi Nick . Fantastic !. So pleased you are getting some good outings in the PA. Looking at the weather and scenery makes me very envious.
I had a puncture in that same wheel about five years ago and replaced the inner tube with a motorcycle one ...... you will notice the valve is different.
The hood looks good , a good stretch to fit but l used it very infrequently.
I have replied to your posting re. the door locks separately.
Regards, Ray.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2560 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2019 :  13:00:18  Show Profile
Interesting Nick, given Ray's comment about the hood being a good stretch to fit, the trimmers who made my new hood a couple of years ago advise that whenever the car is not in use, the hood should be errect. If not, seemingly it will shrink and that stretch will be needed.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000