Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M type parts wanted
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NigelKK

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  20:14:06  Show Profile
I'm putting together my 1930 M that has been apart for the last forty five years and now find there are parts missing. I require one track rod end L/H thread, gearbox speedo drive 14 tooth, rear camshaft stand and engine dipstick.

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  20:49:56  Show Profile
Have you tried Andy King?

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

bloodysalmon

Spain
1482 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2019 :  21:13:20  Show Profile
Hi Nigel,
I may be able to help with a spare track-rod end, if I can disguish between which is a l/h and r/h side one! I also have a complete M-type gearbox with speedo drive but I dont really want to split it up. However, I know S&V do sell them as I had to buy a new one for my D-type. Yes, Andy King perhaps for the camshaft stand and perhaps VMGP for the dipstick.

Chris Blood
D-type Salonette D0407,
TC1472 TC2686 TC4245
Go to Top of Page

NigelKK

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2019 :  11:25:06  Show Profile
Hi Chris
The track rod ends are threaded L/H amd R/H where they screw onto the centre rod. So I need a ttrack rod which screws onto the rod by turning anti clockwise please. As for the gearbox that would be an expensive way to buy a speedo drive so I will try S&V. Thank you verry much for your suggestions.
Nigel
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3101 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2019 :  14:21:46  Show Profile
Nigel you might find a complete three speed gearbox is not such an expensive item when you discover the price of new drive and driven gears. Wisdom seems to be against putting a new speedo drive gear along with an old driven gear.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

NigelKK

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2019 :  19:31:08  Show Profile
I take your point Sam, I'm going to put a magnet in the drain plug because we all know the crash boxes leave hardened steel filings floating in the oil. I take it the driver gear must be softer than the driven gear and ends up like a piece of emery paper. Thanks for suggesting that Sam.
Go to Top of Page

Blue M

United Kingdom
1472 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2019 :  07:36:24  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Blue M

[quote]Originally posted by sam christie

Nigel you might find a complete three speed gearbox is not such an expensive item when you discover the price of new drive and driven gears. Wisdom seems to be against putting a new speedo drive gear along with an old driven gear.

Sam

I think the driving gear has fore and aft pressure which affects it.
Go to Top of Page

Blue M

United Kingdom
1472 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2019 :  07:49:44  Show Profile
Try the PMNW. (prewar Minor network)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page