Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Kimber Classic Trial Photos
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sven

Sweden
431 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  11:18:45  Show Profile
From the bottom of the ice berg
Pictures yes please. FB no way.

Sven
Go to Top of Page

Gordon

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  11:39:13  Show Profile
Now there is a link to the Facebook page is there anyway of searching this other than scrolling through?
How long will the information be available there be available?
Should in formation on Facebook look page be reposted within the Triple-M website so that it is under the control of the club and be searchable?
Is there a danger of the Facebook page detracting g from the value of the club website?

Gordon
ex owner of PB 0331, MG4473
Derby
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3374 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  12:29:01  Show Profile
I think the events section (as mentioned elsewhere) is probably the best place. If someone would take on the task of uploading pictures I could give them access or if only a few individuals who frequently take pictures would like access to that section I think that could be arranged.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3240 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2019 :  14:21:31  Show Profile
I note from today’s Daily Telegraph Business supplement the headline “Facebook set to post rare fall in profits after 18 months of scandal.”

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2019 :  12:11:10  Show Profile
The 5 M competitors meeting for their 90th Anniversary lunch

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2019 :  14:22:24  Show Profile
It seems to me that the events photos page that Terry Hartley reminds us of has been overtaken by people posting their photos in the open forum, which any member can do. Thus we tend to look here first and last. As this is very user friendly is not the easiest approach for it to continue where all can see them, and not just those happy to sell their souls to the FB devil?

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  10:12:28  Show Profile
I agree entirely Dave. MMM Website - not FB.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  14:49:09  Show Profile
Thank you Colin! I feel we're in danger of forming cliques if we start having items which some members, even if by their own very valid choice, cannot see. Of course in an open forum we need the facility of the "members only" section but I repeat, not parts that some members can view and not others.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  17:29:19  Show Profile
It wouldn’t be practicable to post a lot of photos in a Forum thread - they’d really need to be laid out in thumbnails for selection of the ones to view. I believe that due consideration is currently being given to exactly how this can best be achieved taking account of copyright considerations and the tendency that people have to steal photos from sites such as ours for their own use.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  18:50:16  Show Profile
As far as stealing photos is concerned Simon, my son has just suggested that some people might object to photos of their cars being posted on FB. Of course some may argue with this, but I can see where he's coming from.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  19:13:17  Show Profile
Dave,

Much as I abhor Facebook, if someone is using their car in a public place I cannot see how they can prevent a photograph of it being posted on Facebook, or, indeed, anywhere else. Funnily enough a chap who takes a lot of photos at our vintage car club events got very annoyed with me when I published a photograph of him, taken at one of the club events , in our club magazine!

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  19:20:52  Show Profile
Boys! Boys! Boys! Calm down! Now we won’t resolve this whole Facebook thing amongst us, but I do know that with one of our last posts we reached 10.701 people worldwide and I also know that these are mostly (relatively) young people. There’s this website, there’s the Bulletin, there’s the Yearbook and then there’s Facebook. There is no reason why these media should not all be living together happily!

Anyway, I’d be happy to upload pics to the events section of this website if Nick shows me how! Everybody happy!

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  19:52:57  Show Profile
I think the concern, Cathelijne (), is the use of FB as a seemingly exclusive repository of photographs of events and I know that steps are being taken to try and provide a home for such photographs on the Register website, subject to being able to offer some reassurance to those who would be happy to provide photographs but would prefer that they not get stolen and used elsewhere.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Robin Macmillan

United Kingdom
415 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  19:55:49  Show Profile
So listen chaps and ladies ....

I do not do Facebook or twitter or even WhatsApp .... my children and grandchildren do. We have the occasional forum conversation about what we can do to

Interest the next generations
Keep the breed surviving
Spread the word
Engender an interest in MMM

Do you get the message

If not write me a letter sealed with red sealing wax

Robin

PB 0527
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
2010 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2019 :  20:55:57  Show Profile

The expression ‘older and wiser’ springs to mind !

Chris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000