Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Crit'Air France
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2019 :  23:20:35  Show Profile
I thought I first learnt about this on The Forum however, no search that I can think of brings up anything.

Specifically asking Triple M members who live in France, what is your understanding of the Crit'Air Vignette and the use of historic cars? We are planning to take a number, not of Triple Ms, but MGB GTs to the Loire in June and it would be helpful to hear from those "at the coal face", what the situation is.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

colintf

United Kingdom
1503 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2019 :  06:15:15  Show Profile
Hi Dave
The AA website is q unite good, or try contacting MG Club de France maybe?

Colin Murrell
D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

NickPoll

France
43 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2019 :  06:38:06  Show Profile
I live in France. Classic cars are exempt from needing a crit air sticker in cities. I requested stickers for my van, wife's VW Fox and my Citroen 2 CV. They said the 2CV didn't need one because of it's age. You can drive classics in cities with no problem.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2019 :  09:13:40  Show Profile
Many thanks Nick. That's exactly what I was hoping would come from someone such as yourself who has local experience.

Thanks also Colin. I had, admittedly a month or two ago, tried the RAC and couldn't find much about old cars. Perhaps they have more recently updated their info although I don't think they're greatly interested in us outside motorsport. I suppose the AA might be better. MGCC de France, Oui, c'est possible.

An email to the FBHVC who one might have thought would have our interests at heart received a "We'll look into it" reply......then nothing.

Thanks again,

Dave

Edited by - Oz34 on 27/04/2019 09:15:20
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2019 :  20:00:20  Show Profile
Dave,

It might be worth having a look at this site - https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/the-french-vignette-critair/exemptions-to-the-rules.html

It says that 'the rules for old-timers are not settled at the national level, but are different for every environmental zone' and gives the example that what they call 'old timers' would seem to be excluded from Grenoble and Lyon.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Gerhard Maier

Germany
873 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2019 :  11:57:55  Show Profile
BEWARE!

Simon, there are several commercial websites where you can order that Crit-air Vignette, and some even ask for 7 times more money than the official price.

The one you mentioned is exactly one of those.

When you order your vignette here at the government site, you just pay 4,21 Euros instead the 29,65 on the nasty site.
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Gerhard
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6128 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2019 :  12:26:45  Show Profile
Good point, Gerhard, thank you, although if was just the information therein that I was referring to.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm Eades

United Kingdom
379 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2019 :  14:23:13  Show Profile
The previous thread:

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=14690&SearchTerms=French

Malcolm
M Type

Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2019 :  09:59:51  Show Profile
Quite obviously the regulations do not apply to anyone actually resident in France - especially if they are driving a French car of any age. All others, the regs might apply or they might not depending on which way the wind is blowing on that particular day.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2538 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2019 :  19:09:14  Show Profile
Thank you Simon and Gerhard. Yes I was aware of this site and the official one. I think though the whole situation is perfectly summed up by Colin B hence my desire to hear it from a resident who may perhaps have a better handle on it than I can get elsewhere.

Thanks also Malcolm. I knew this was where I'd already come across Crit'Air and of course "search" does indeed find it.....if you ask for archived posts! Doh!

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000