Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 M type Radiator nut
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2019 :  18:00:36  Show Profile
I am told by a reliable source that there was a large, slender nut under the radiator filler cap, same thread as the cap on some cars but maybe not all. Does anyone have one they don't need, or one they could let me borrow to make one or what the thread is. Many thanks.

John Cooper M 628

ET correct spelling

Edited by - Cooperman on 07/06/2019 18:02:00

judsona

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  09:49:04  Show Profile
Your source is correct, but there are two parts.

Forum post

http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5675

refers.

The lower piece is an awkward thing to make John - and I have never seen one unattached to a car.

Allan.
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
671 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  11:40:40  Show Profile
I cut one down from a Morris 8(?) Rad cap for the 18/80. I could probably do the same again John if you can't find one. The biggest problem is once you machine the top section off, the bottom ring loses its integrity. It then shrinks and deforms so you then need to lap it onto your radiator. Not as easy as it seemed at first sight but do-able.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2019 :  12:37:53  Show Profile
Thanks all, I have found an old TA rad cap that had been adulterated by holes being drilled in it, so I have machined it down, however I was about to ask the thickness but from the thread Allan brought up, it would appear that it is 3/16inch approx!!!.

I had the TA in the late sixties, early seventies, I wonder what happened to that, I shouldn't have thought it was scraped that late, but its not on the DVLA website? Reg no EXP 528 can't remember the chassis no.

Kevin I used mine on my 18/80 to replace my mascot bearing one when I had to leave her somewhere exposed to the public.

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 12/06/2019 12:39:37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000