Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 History of MGs at Donington part 2
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EliSolomon

Singapore
5 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2019 :  15:53:33  Show Profile
Following on from this thread: http://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=13642&SearchTerms=,Hsitory,of,MGs,at,Donington

The photo Mike Dalby posted of Lim Peng Han in his MG M-Type is probably from one of the two occasions Lim raced at Donington - April & May 1934. By then his Derrington-tweaked M-Type (GJ406) had a Frazer Nash Ulster-looking boat tail, four-speed box and a J2-engine. I'm writing a book on South East Asian motor racing history and there's a chapter on Lim which covers his racing from 1930 (Brooklands) thru to the mid-1960s (in Singapore). A lot of it has to do with Lim as the originator of the Malayan Special but I'd like to include some images of him in his M-Type from his stay in the UK (1930-1934). This would mean his LCC races at Brooklands as well as the Donington races. Any help will be most appreciated.

Eli Solomon
Singapore
J2621
TA1815
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000