Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MMM's at Cadwell Park
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tim Sharp

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2019 :  13:32:27  Show Profile
Guys

Congratulations to the MMM racing team for their presence and super racing at Cadwell Park on Saturday.

From my position marshaling on the Start Line I was amazed at the speeds the Ladies and Gents managed in the really, at times, appalling conditions. Both in the MMM race and in other races during the day.

Really great to watch. Many thanks to all who took part.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sharp
PB0685 - Nuneaton

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2019 :  13:49:02  Show Profile
Totally agree with Tim. Really exciting racing throughout the day no doubt helped by the 'damp' conditions, big thanks to all who competed.
Have to say that of the days 11 races our Triple-M race was one of the top 3 for entertainment.
Terry.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2019 :  20:40:49  Show Profile
Was an amazing experience my first race in the wet!
Tim thanks for Marshaling! We can’t do without.
Terry and others thanks for spectating in these conditions.
A joy to come up to mountain and see all thos people standing there.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2019 :  22:10:41  Show Profile
Where are all the pictures then??

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  06:38:57  Show Profile
Mike, you're on FB.
MGCC MMM Register FB page
All the pics of Cadwell.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
770 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  10:34:45  Show Profile
Graham,
Like Mike D ... where are all the pictures...... or am I just one of the old'uns who are out of reach of Face book! Perhaps a Yearbook/Bulletin article on working a MMM biased computer for those still working an "ash frame" computer!
FOZ .... even more fuzzy than usual.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  10:55:04  Show Profile
I too am not on that dreadful thing and never would be. I do wonder why posting pics on the Forum should be taboo.

Dave the Luddite
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  11:02:11  Show Profile
Barry, they are Colins excellent photos. I'm sure he will oblige in due course.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  12:22:50  Show Profile
Posting here is not taboo.
Posting on FB is just easier. No limit in size or amount of pictures to post.

In the “good old days” you had to go to a meeting to enjoy or wait for the bulletin/yearbook to arrive.......

Even without an account you ahould be able to view the pictures here
https://www.facebook.com/1713141085614520/posts/2320267238235232?s=100002041700098&sfns=mo

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  12:25:02  Show Profile
I'm afraid I'm another non FB person - if you've seen 'the Great Hack' documentary (Netflix) you'll struggle to sleep: lays pretty much all the madness in the world right now directly at their door.
I bet the photos are sensational but I'll have to live without them in the meanwhile!
The MMM Forum strikes me as the exact opposite of FB - excellent governance, meticulously managed and with an irreproachable sense of fair play. Hurrah!

john
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
279 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  13:01:38  Show Profile
Never thought I would ever be in agreement with anyone who says "Hurrah!" but I totally am.
However, haven't we been here dozens of times before? And still the events photos section remains unused! I know it has problems with posting duties but why can't we sort that?
Terry
Go to Top of Page

coracle

United Kingdom
1940 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  13:44:34  Show Profile
I have never managed to see photo's on fessé book without being threatened with having to register and open an account, which I will not do.

Try reading "The Circle" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_(Eggers_novel) which I believe to be quite prophetic.
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  15:59:34  Show Profile
“Love” all the FB bashing but can we talk about the fantastic Cadwell race?
I’ve posted a link to the pictures and you can ignore or click away the messages to entice you to join.
And if you would rather complain about modern times then make a separate thread where you can wallow in the past

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  16:16:17  Show Profile
Well said Onno !
Go to Top of Page

chapelfarmer

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  16:24:09  Show Profile
What I'd like to wallow in Onno isn't the past but a future that's free of these types of organisation. You're right though that this is not the right place to rant about it - apologies for that. I will rant elsewhere!
Much against all my instincts I did click your 'no account needed' link. I'm now presumably doomed to a life of being preconsciously manipulated by Dark Forces but it was well worth it: the images are indeed stunning, especially those with two cars dicing - and all the masterclasses of how to steer in the wet. It does go to show that we waste our time trying to get shots with our phones at race meetings. Better to enjoy the moment and then seek out proper photos like these afterwards.

john
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2019 :  21:06:43  Show Profile
Nick, can you please give Colin access to the administrative side of the website and teach him how to upload his pics in the events pics section? I’m sure the Committee will give the all clear without having to meet over it!

Basta!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000