Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Dudley Howard Cottingham's Final Resting Place fou
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2019 :  10:59:45  Show Profile
Attached, with the assisance of the St.Paul's Church, Mill Hill, Hendon's archivist. RIP.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2019 :  19:50:48  Show Profile
Chris - enjoying the periodic write ups; how you found yourself with both cars and the restoration. A sad background story but nonetheless fascinating as it unfolds and there to be told. Well done on your tenacity.

Tim
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2019 :  17:09:39  Show Profile
Thankyou Tim. Once I knew the tragic story of the two young people, I felt it significant and right and proper to conserve the J2 as a sort of memorial as I had most of the parts of the car. I will never know exactly which parts were original to the time of Dudleys ownership, but all the numbers match, including the recently spotted impressed ash frame number in the rear panel. Its my intention to take the car back to Brooklands eventually, I have a friend there who is an official and is following with interest. I am doing my best to conserve the car as it was, rather than as a restoration project, I have completed many of those. When I have completed the conservation, all that is visible will be the conserved top surface of birch ply, de-laminated, pressed and re-glued to modern birch ply.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 26/10/2019 17:11:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000