Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Serck radiators London
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morisani

Italy
109 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2020 :  18:06:39  Show Profile

Recently the Mg Pa radiator had to be repaired; taking it off I found che tag in the photo: Serck London with some numbers possibly referring to a register.
I tried to get more information on the subject. The engineering firm was formed in 1919 by a Russian, and was this firm that first develloped and patented the Honycomb car radiator; the last one radiator was produced in 1968. Serck Radiators Ltd is indicated (so in the Instruction Manual for the MG Midget 1935) within the Mg Radiator Main Service Stations and recognised Mg radiator repairers in important centres throught the country (Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton, etc). So I suppose that it was one of the main Mg radiators supplier in the thirties.
I found the information quite interesting.
Best wishes for the new year
Francesco

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1487 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  10:37:53  Show Profile
Hello Francesco. That radiator tag is certainly interesting. As you say, Serck Radiators have been an important source of high quality radiators for many years and in quite recent times they have been able to repair or rebuild classic radiators. They are still operating and are now part of the the Unipart Group.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2539 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  12:03:07  Show Profile
Hello Colin, I hadn't realised Serk was still around. I went to the old place off Portland road a while ago and found them long gone. do they have an outlet reasonably close to us?

Happy New Year,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Mikeenty

United Kingdom
198 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  16:35:46  Show Profile
Does this Help?

https://www.serckmotorsportclassicandhistoric.co.uk/
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1045 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  17:22:26  Show Profile
Well that is interesting.
They might be able to tell me where this radiator came from.
Just bought it today thinking it might be handy for my single seater project.

Onno "J,D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Simon

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2020 :  22:30:19  Show Profile
On the Serck topic, they (in Manchester) also did a very good job on straightening and rechroming the bumper on my then Rolls-Royce 20/25 after running into the back of a Morris Minor way back in the 1960's on an icy road.The Morris won that encounter! In those days a 20/25 could be had for £100 or so, just "funny old bangers" Simon C.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000