Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M Type Chassis
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blue M

United Kingdom
1472 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  20:59:14  Show Profile
OK. I give up! ( But thank you all , particularly David, for taking an interest.)

Ian

Edited by - Blue M on 12/03/2008 21:32:41
Go to Top of Page

rbm

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2008 :  16:05:01  Show Profile
from what I remember from the drawings (I have a set of copies of the original MG 12/12 bodwork drawings,which I must get back from the chap who borrowed them last year) tha bodywork is lower in overall height.

Got to agree that the limit on the M is cornering, going into Martini at Wiscombe a couple of years ago I was very very close to going over and the resulting landing shattered the rear diff.

part of the problem now is that modern tyres and surfaces are a lot more grippy which helps you to roll over, but I find our M which has a C cam, uprate crank, downdraft SU and 4 speed is great fun and fast enough, for a fun small vintage car.

but I do disagree on the chassis being the limit - it just is if you remain standard, change springs, axles, box the chassis, fit a nice V twin etc. etc and you would end up with something quite quick

Richard
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2008 :  16:04:16  Show Profile
RBM - by doing what you suggest you have changed the chassis.
The springs are part of the chassis.
Boxing the chassis and fitting an engine with a considerably better centre of gravity and power to weight ratio will all make the car handle totally differently.

By the time you have thrown the body and engine away all you have is a Morris Minor with a non standard engine!

Still bored - couldnt resist the rant though!
Go to Top of Page

ht1962

Netherlands
114 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2008 :  18:49:28  Show Profile
Doesn't MG stand for Morris Garages !
And isn't the whole MMM line based on that humble Morris Minor
let's have some respect for grandma please

halbe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page