Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Peter Green
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Teifion

United Kingdom
146 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  17:57:38  Show Profile
Sorry to hear this news about Peter, whilst I've only met him twice briefly - at Brands + Donington last year - it was a real pleasure.

Teifion Salisbury.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1129 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  18:57:15  Show Profile
Just a true Gent, so much to thank you for. Thinking of you Peter and all the family.
Love the Dolton’s

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
764 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  20:28:36  Show Profile
I met him when he acquired a Phoenix crankshaft for me about 3 years ago, so nice, helpful and friendly, I didn't realise at the time that his wife was very unwell and later died. His summer gatherings were something to enjoy. Our thoughts are with you.

John Cooper M 628

Edited by - Cooperman on 17/04/2020 20:29:55
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
835 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  21:17:18  Show Profile
I’m so sorry to hear this today my dad is upset too I saw him only a few months ago and learned he had the illness and was keeping it under control, me and my dad wish him well and hopefully gets it back in control again best wishes to peter and all his family at this hard time Greg and Chris Clark.
Go to Top of Page

George Morgan

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  22:05:19  Show Profile
Have just heard of this very sad news our thoughts and hearts go out to Peter and his family and I am sure this extends to the whole triple M family in Australia. To understand Peters far reaching help and assistance, I doubt there would be any triple owners here, whom would not have been in contact or assisted by Peter at some stage over many years. As Aussies would say, "a really top bloke"
George and Marguerite Morgan
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3251 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2020 :  23:04:38  Show Profile
I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said, but I am saddened. I think back to the early 1980s when I first met Peter. I was immediately struck of what a kind and knowledgeable person he was and is, and how much he has meant to the Triple-M community.

I pray for the best outcome possible for him and his entire family.

Lew Palmer
North American Triple M Register

Lew Palmer
PA1169, 2M1281
Go to Top of Page

John Gillett

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  05:33:28  Show Profile
Hi Dick, I last saw Peter at Nurburgring last August with Elizabeth, Andrew and family. He was in good spirits and we enjoyed some time together in the rain. Like so many of us I owe Peter huge thanks for helping me get the K3 to the UK, getting its HTP, and sorting out problems; a kind, generous guy and a pillar of our MG community. Dick, please pass on to Peter Helen's and my best wishes and thanks for everything. Unfortunately we can't be there at this time, so I would appreciate our thoughts being passed on to Peter, Elizabeth and family. sincerely, John & Helen Gillett

John Gillett
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2165 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  07:50:38  Show Profile
Such very very sad news to hear, not just for Peter, his family but the whole MMM community.

Peter is one of the kindest enthusiasts I have had the pleasure of meeting in terms of his friendliness, gentle approach and such willingness to share his knowledge and expertise with others. A true gent in every sense of the word.

I very much hope you are being made comfortable where you are and we are all thinking of you.

Very best wishes

Richard & Jill

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

chris Wallis

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  10:08:24  Show Profile
This is very sad news i have known Peter for 25 years and he has always been the same friendly person always helpful and ready assist,i would like to add my good wishes to Peter and his family.

Chris Wallis.

C L Wallis
Go to Top of Page

ANDY KING

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  12:44:51  Show Profile
Having had an away day with Peter quite recently and for Andy to have seen him then in such good spirits, it has come as quite a shock for us to hear this sad news from his family.
There can be very few within our community that Peter has not touched in one way or another with his depth of knowledge and expertise, guidance and support, kindness and generosity - he is indeed "Mr Triple-M" and a true gent in every way, which others have so very fondly written.
From so many messages of support for Elizabeth, Diane and all his family that have been expressed to be passed on to Peter, we wish add our own which is simply that it is our privilege to have you as our friend.
And even in these difficult times, and in so many ways thanks to Peter, we are all continuing to enjoy our MG's......
With Our Very Best Wishes
From
Andy, Angie and Rachel

Go to Top of Page

mgtommm

USA
506 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  13:21:57  Show Profile
Thank you Peter and family for being first class people, willing to help out wherever and whenever possible. The Triple-M community flourished under your steady hand and many of us and our cars are better off thanks to your generous sharing of time, smiles, and knowledge.

The photos Andy posted really say it all.

Thinking very kind thoughts of appreciation on this gloriously sunny Ohio morning.

Tommm
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
913 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  14:57:44  Show Profile
Peter - I suspect you're reading this; sorry to hear that your prognosis is not good. Mum & Marcus send their best as of course do I. MIRA 86 seems a long time ago - up until then K3011 had been enjoying a relatively quiet retirement. Whilst other would-be record breakers turned up with stripped cars on trailers and suffered all sorts of maladies like broken rockers, split fuel tanks, wayward sparks and other woes; you drove to the track, circulated for 24 hours, bagged a clutch of records & then drove home again. That was classy!

Jeremy
Go to Top of Page

Bill Abbott

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  15:15:52  Show Profile
Such sad News.
Peter and family are to me the very epitome of MG and the Marque of friendship. Wishing the whole family the very best at this most difficult of times.

Bill & Jacquie Abbott
Go to Top of Page

Chris MD Little

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  16:47:08  Show Profile
Just to say that I am so sad to hear this news about Peter. He was so kind and approachable to me during my rebuild project, and the car is certainly better for his input. As has been said elsewhere Peter was truly Mr Triple M. My thoughts are with you and your family. KBO Chris

Chris Little
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
732 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  18:56:15  Show Profile
It’s difficult to add anything else to what’s been said already, but best wishes and our thoughts are with you Peter and your family at this time.

Best wishes again, Paul and Linda in Luxembourg.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000